nine.

{week of mourning is over}

henry looks at the image in the mirror, dressed in his coronation suit, crown dawned upon his head. ready to be crowned king within 3 days. 3 days to prepare to run the country.

"you look hot." alex states, looking at henry through the mirror, as he lounges on the bed under the sheets naked from the night before.

"didn't assume you to be into that." henry chuckles taking the crown off, placing it back into the pillowed platform.

"into what now?" he asks sitting up and pulling the sheets up with him.

"role play? or just into kings, cause i heard of someone that might be becoming king soon." henry says sarcastically, walking over to the brunette, seeing a smile creep onto his face.

"well, i guess we'll have to see. some time in the future maybe?" alex offers henry blushing slightly.

"maybe indeed." henry nods, looking down, "however, right now, you need to get ready because i've got the jeweller coming today, we'll two so we can pick out a ring for eachother. i've told everyone and they're gonna meet here in about an hour. thought it be nice to have some advice before choosing them." henry smiles, sitting on the edge of the bed, next to his fiancé

"don't we have rehearsals at 1?" alex asks, gently rubbing henry's thigh.

"exactly so i need you ready now so we can go straight there once we're finished." henry smiles pecking alex's lips.

"ok lemme get showered." alex smiles peeling back the covers and grabbing his underwear, pulling them on.

"i could join you?" henry asks, a small smile hidden, as he looks down.

"so shy all of a sudden?" alex asks, placing a finger under henry's chin to lift his face up and look him in the eyes, "of course you can baby." alex smiles, pulling henry by his hand to the en-suite.

the two boys undress shivering at the cold air before quickly jumping under the hot water. they wash each others hair and bodies. a couple blowjobs here and there as well as henry being fucked into next year, but other than that, a normal shower.

the jump out, wrapping a towel round their waists before henry heads out to get changed, alex staying in the bathroom to brush his teeth and quickly shave his face. alex hadn't taken much care to his appearance the last week because they were just inside doing nothing, but now the coronation is coming up and public appearances will be made, it's time he brushed himself up.

once finished, he headed out seeing henry dressed in a navy blue suit, scrolling on his phone. "we gotta go in like 5 minutes." henry chuckles, alex rushing to dry his hair as quick as possible, then pull on his new suit. one of many made for the coronation.

"it's too restricting." alex complains, feeling the suit wrap around his body tight.

"it's only for a couple of hours." henry smiles, liking the new suit on his fiancé, "but now time to pick some rings." the blonde chuckles, walking over to alex and taking the boys hands.

they walk out the bedroom, down the hall to see the others waiting. june and nora going in with alex and percy going in with henry.

alex places a gently kiss onto the blondes lips before they part ways. upon entering they're met with jewllers, with cases of rings set out across the table.

"good afternoon your majesty. how about we start looking." the jeweller smiles gesturing to the hundreds of rings in front of them.

"yeh in after something simple, he won't want a big diamond or anything, just simple." henry smiles, the jeweller nodding pulling out multiple different runny choices. after about 10 minutes of browsing, henry's eye catches on ring. a hold band with a small row of diamonds along it.

"that one, that's perfect." he says pointing over to the band.

"that's really nice henry." percy agrees, patting his friend on the shoulder.

the jeweller boxes up the ring, payment being sent through to the royal bank, before he exits the room seeing by alex stood outside.

"hey." henry blushes, seeing percy leave with the others.

"hey." alex smiles, looking down at henry, "here." alex says, taking henry's hand and sliding a ring on his finger. it's a gorgeous silver ring with a diamond in the middle, smaller stones around it. henry's gasps at the sight pulling alex in for a tight hug.

"i love it." he mumbles into alex's neck, giggling when he feels alex pick him up and spin him around.

"ok ok." henry chuckles, getting alex to stop, "here's yours." henry smiles taking out the ring sliding it on alex's finger, seeing the brunette smile.

"you are a very special person to me." alex smiles, pulling henry into a passionate kiss, breaking apart after hearing someone cough behind them.

"sorry, your car is waiting." shaan says, motioning for them to head out, "we'll meet you at the cathedral and rehearsals will begin straight away." shaan says as he leads the boys out.

"i must warn you. we only have days to prepare and we have to get this right, otherwise we could be significantly damage the reputation of the royal family." shaan says, stopping at the car and letting the two boys get inside.

"safe journey." he nods, closing the door behind them, the car soon pulling away leaving the palace.

"what did he mean by that?" alex asks, henry looking over.

"don't have cake gate 2.0." henry chuckles, seeing alex's brows furrow.

"is there even cake at a coronation?" he asks seeing henry's brow raise.

"we may be royals, but we do throw an amassing after party." henry smiles, sliding sunglasses on to prepare for the glaring white flashes of paparazzi cameras.

"an after party for a coronation? i've never heard of that before." alex smiles, henry shaking his head.

"it hasn't happened before, doesn't mean it can't." henry smirks, the car finally pulling into the cathedral.