eight.

alex stirs reaching over to find henry missing from the bed. confused, he reaches over checking his phone to see it was almost 10 in the morning.

"henry?" alex calls out, to see henry pop his head out of the bathroom.

"yeh?" he asks a goofy smile on his face.

"come back to bed." alex mumbles reaching his arms out, "you know you want to." he says seeing henry chuckle, walking out a towel round his waist.

"babe we've got stuff to do today." he frowns leaning over to alex in the bed.

"mmh not till 2, tho." he smiles, wrapping his arms around henry's waist.

"fine, lemme just get dry and i'll come back." henry chuckles, feeling alex's arms loosen. the blonde heads back into the bathroom, before soon reappearing dry and in boxers and one of alex's hoodies which is a size too big on him.

"you look cute." alex smiles, pulling back the duvet for henry to get under. the blonde snuggles under gaining body heat from alex.

"your cold." alex says looking down at henry.

"and your nice and warm." henry chuckles, pulling himself into alex's front, the brunettes arms wrapping round his waist, "i just wish we could stay like this forever." henry whispers, feeling alex kiss the top of his head.

"i told my mom and them that we're engaged." alex smiles seeing henry look up to him, "she probably thought i would've proposed if anything." alex says both of them laughing.

"we'll you would've, if we weren't in this position." henry says trailing off at the end.

"hey, if you do want me to propose after all this is over we'll fly out to the maldives and i'll propose with big fireworks and everything." alex smiles seeing henry laugh.

"i don't need all of that, i just need you." henry smiles pecking alex on the lips, "but we still have 6 days left before rehearsals for the coronation begin." henry smiles, knowing they'll be able to relax for the week, with only a few meetings. they stay like that for a few minutes before deciding to turn in the tv to try and watch something

but, the news pops up all channels covering henry's soon to be king story. he smiles seeing the support from everyone until one channel pops up with a debate over the crown.

"oh, we can change it-" alex says, reaching for the remote, but henry stops him sitting forward listening to the people.

"i mean, let's be real, who wants our country ran by a homosexual. next thing we know schools will be filled with gays and lesbians. we don't want that." one person says the others agreeing.

"i know some of yous are holding back but i'm going to say it, we don't want a little gay boy running the country because he isn't capable of it, it's true. he'll crumble under the pressure, we all remember when the emails were leaked right? such vulgar imagery, said imagery of the thing going to run our country." one man says, leaving henry speechless.

without thinking he gets up out of bed rushing out the bedroom, feeling tears trickle down his face, as he makes a beeline for the library.

staff watch as he passes by, confused by the breakdown henry is having. he ignores alex calling for him and turns into the library locking the door behind him, letting his body sinking to the ground back against the door.

that's when he just lets it all out, sobs coming from his mouth , pulling his knees to his chest, letting his head drop. maybe this isn't meant to be, maybe he isn't fit to be king? he thinks to himself, we'll if he's crying over some little comment how is he gonna run a country.

feeling banging on the door, alex calling out his name, henry snaps. "leave me alone." he yells at the top of his voice, already feeling the pain in his throat. at once the banging stops, as henry is left alone with his feelings, tears still falling. he stays there for about ten minutes before finally getting up and unlocking the door, but doesn't leave. he goes and sits over on the window seat overlooking the garden of the palace, feeling peace watching the gardeners work.

he pulls the hood up over his head, feeling absence of comfort at the all to familiar smell of alex's cologne.

"hen baby?" a voice calls out, he looks over, tear stained eyes seeing alex stood at the door. the brunette moves quickly inside, shutting the door behind him.

he makes his way over to henry, moving to sit opposite him on the window seat, henry letting his head fall against the window.

"hey." alex says pulling the blondes attention, "you pretty much just ran through the palace in just ur boxers and my hoodie." alex says, making henry smile slightly.

"must think i'm right weird." henry mumbles.

"oh i've always thought that, from day one." alex buckles cussing henry to kick him, "but i love you for it ." he continues, letting his legs tangle with henry's.

"what if it all goes shit? me being king?" henry asks lifting his head to look at alex.

"it might, but if it does we'll just run away to a little country in the mediterranean we'll make up new identities and live a loving happy life with little children running around." alex says, causing henry i blush at the thought of kids. "if it doesn't we'll move into buckingham palace, keep our identities and live a loving happy life with little children running around." he says, pulling henry onto his lap, arms around his waist.

"they both end up the same." henry mumbles.

"exactly." alex whispers, kissing behind henry's ear, knowing that no matter what happens, they've got each other and their future together.

"i haven't asked how are you feeling?" henry asks moving to face alex, knowing all the drama has been around the blonde.

"we'll, it's not me having to be king." alex shrugs, henry seeing right through him.

"your still anxious tho, i can tell. your biting your nails." he says lifting up alex's hand.

"i don't know. it just feels all real. it's like we've been in a honeymoon phase the past three years but now, it's the real world." alex continues seeing henry look worried.

"yeh, i know what you mean." henry nods, letting his head fall into alex's shoulder, "i guess i could work out a coronation honeymoon." henry smiles, feeling alex chuckle under him.

"mmh a trip to spain sounds nice." alex mutters, gently rubbing henry's back, "with room service, lounging in nothing but bath robes." alex says, making henry laugh.

"stop, your making me jealous now." henry chuckles, pressing a kiss to alex's jaw, "but i'm excited, for all this with you."