Chapter 9: Umbrella

POV: Y/n

Everyone's talking about crushes, the kind of crush where your heart goes pitter patter and where your body feels warm and light.

Like you're on a could basking in the sun and gazing at the horizons.

Well, I'd be lying if I said I've felt exactly that before.

"Come on Teruhashi when are you gonna get a boyfriend?" A random girl says.

"Well, I just think I'm too young to be dating." Teruhashi says in response.

'Well we all know that's a lie, this bitch is like a hyena when it comes to Saiki. Doing some weird stuff when she thinks about him I bet.'

What's the point in dating young? I mean unless if you're dating someone you'd want to be with that person for the rest of your life. I don't date just for some brief moments of affection. I date to marry, I guess that's why I only like Anime characters.

I'm not saying I don't find real life people hot, it's just... I don't know. It's different somehow.

I glance over at Saiki as I see him make a weird face.

'Ah I see he's already trying to ward off another up coming nuisance. Well too bad girlie. I plan to help Saiki diminish all of the unfortunate things you have planned. And I purposefully didn't bring an umbrella, I mean I'm not saying it will happen. But I'm hoping Saiki walks with me.'

I sigh, 'Oh but I can only dream.'

I decide to stand up and walk over to Saiki, putting my plan in motion. Well not like I have one.

"Hey Saiki, I was wondering if you brought your umbrella?"

I was talking a little low so the chimpanzee staring dreamily at Saiki wouldn't over hear.

Saiki nods in response, 'Oh boi, let's see if he'll say yes.'

"Oh uh, I was wondering if we could walk home together because I forgot mine." I say, as I nervously rub the back of my neck.

I see Saiki shake his head no.

"Oh- well that's okay. Thanks!"

'Shit. I mean I kinda expected that, but still.' 😭

I return to my seat, feeling rejected.

~TIME SKIP~

I'm walking in the hallway heading to the bathroom, as I start to round the corner I see Saiki flip in the air.

'Wow, it's much cooler in person.'

As Saiki goes to stand up he gets startled as he sees me. Brushing it off he walks past me.

I didn't really want to get involved in this interaction, like what am I supposed to do? Pick up the papers for her? Fuck no bitch. Pick up your own damn papers, clumsy ass. 😂

~TIME SKIP~

Ah now it's time for the handkerchief plan, I watch as Yumehara stops walking. She stopped a little bit behind Saiki's desk as she's probably in lala land.

Alright this is my cue, I get up from my desk planning to use the excuse of sharpening my pencil just in case.

Yumehara continues walking and nonchalantly drops the handkerchief by Saiki's desk. And she stops a little bit a head of his desk.

'Bro she is so obvious.' I think as I bend down to pick up her handkerchief.

As I stand up straight I call out her name, "Yumehara."

She turns around excitedly, expecting Saiki. And then her face drops as she sees me, 'Wow harsh.'

"You dropped this." I say with a smile.

"Hahaha thank you." She says in a weird tone.

I nod my head in response and go to sharpen my pencil.

'Hehehe.'

~TIME SKIP~

I see a ball roll towards my my feet, I pick it up and look around.

Yumehara was running towards me and tripped, making us topple over in the process.

'Are you kidding me?'

Yumehara frantically gets up from on top of me and apologizes with a blush of embarrassment on her face.

~TIME SKIP~

As I gather up my things I open the door, to find Yumehara.

Since she was kicking the door with her foot before she ends up kicking me in the shin.

'God damn it woman! That hurts.'😭

~TIME SKIP~

'Omg I swear I am so bruised and battered today. My ass hurts from the fall and my shin hurts from the kick!'

As I walk through the hall I see Yumehara offer some one cookies.

'Nope, I'm walking away.'

~TIME SKIP~

"Ah finally I can go home, today was fucking terrible." I say as I put on my shoes at my locker.

I feel someone tap me on the shoulder, so I look over and see Saiki.

'Huh? What's he doing here?'

He starts pointing to his umbrella as I finally start to realize what he meant.

'Does he feel bad for ruining my day?🥹 Because the only time I actually tried to intervene was the handkerchief incident. The others have been near coincidences.'

I give a light smile to Saiki in return as I start to walk with him. When we step outside he opens his umbrella and we start walking again.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Yumehara, 'Damn I kinda feel bad, but it is supposed to happen anyway. Now she's gonna meet her new man.'

'Oh right on cue, I mean the guys not bad looking but he got a shit personality. Omg yo, I would be so disgusted if he took off his stanky ass shoes. Well now she's swept away off her feet.'

I look over towards Saiki, 'Just like how I always have been.'

________________________________________________________________________________

Brooo I fell asleep when I was writing this, so sorry it's a day late. But I hope you enjoyed!

ƪ('▿▿▿▿'ƪ)

Bye bye~