Chapter 5

In honour of Sam and Colby Sunday, here is 3 more Chapters. :)

Lucky for Colby, this local was known well by the Royal family. When he saw one of the guards in the village he quickly explained the situation and Colby was brought back to the palace. They threw him into the back of some wooden box with 4 round things attached. It was being pulled by several big creatures that Colby had never seen before. Colby could've sworn one of the guards called it a horse.

When they reached the palace, Colby was instantly escorted up to a room. He was bathed and dressed. Colby looked towards the mirror in the room and noticed the blue streaks were gone from his hair as well.

" You're lucky to be alive," said one of the maids. " Most people who pass through these waters at this time of year end up in Davy Jones' locker."

There was suddenly a knock on the door. Sam then walked in and Colby's heart dropped to his chest.

" I heard about what happened," said Sam. " Is this the man the fisherman found?"

" Yes, it is," said the maid. " I'm sorry, sire, we didn't know where else to take him."

" It's quite alright," said Sam. " We have plenty of room." Sam turned to Colby. "What's your name?"

" I'm Colby," he said.

" Colby, do you have a family? A friend? Someone we could call for you?" asked Sam.

" No," said Colby.

" Don't worry," said Sam. " You're welcome to stay here for as long as you need. Make yourself at home."

Sam then turned to his staff. " See to it that he gets everything he needs," said Sam.

" Yes, sire," said one of the maids.

When Sam exited the room, he made his way downstairs to prepare for supper. Sam made his way through the outside courtyard to the dining room. He suddenly stopped and looked across the way to the beach by the mountain, curiously. His mother's right hand man/ leader of the palace guards walked up to him.

" Everything alright, sire?" asked Kevin.

" Yes," said Sam. " I just have this feeling that I'm supposed to be somewhere." It was almost as if the sea was calling to him.

" Perhaps dinner is where you were supposed to be?" said Kevin.

" Yes, of course," said Sam. " Thank You."

Colby had been dressed in the fanciest clothing ever, but he was loving the style. Red and Black were certainly two bold colors to put together. Colby was escorted to the dinner table. The queen and her right hand were already seated. Colby sat down next to Sam, and the boy smiled at him.

The chef came out and put down a silver platter in front of each of them and lifted the covering. Colby had never seen so much food in his life. Mind you, he didn't know what half of it was but it certainly smelled delicious.

"Brussel sprouts? Again?" said Sam.

" Samuel!" said his mother.

" Sorry," said Sam.

Colby looked down at the little green bundles on his plate. He then looked around him and saw all of the silver looking trinkets, not sure what they were for. He then watched as Sam picked up the one that looked like a small trident and stabbed the meat with it. Colby did the same, stabbing one of the brussel sprouts and putting it in his mouth. Colby nearly gagged at the taste. Colby began to cough as he forced himself to swallow it.

" Eww," said Colby.

Colby suddenly looked up at all of the people at the table. They all had their eyes on him, with a shocked look on their faces. Colby glanced to the side and saw Sam using his hand as an attempt to hide his laugh.

The queen looked very unimpressed, but simply went back to eating. Colby suddenly felt someone lightly nudge his arm, it was Sam. He gestured to the ground and Colby was confused until he followed his gaze and saw Sam's dog sitting under the table. Sam used his eyes to gesture to the dog and then sneakily fed him one of the brussel sprouts. Colby looked over at Sam, who smiled and winked at him.

During the meal, Sam and Colby both discreetly slipped all of their brussel sprouts to the dog, trying to hide their laughter as they did.

After dinner, Colby had been sent back to his chambers for the night. On his way, he caught a glimpse of a room that was slightly cracked open. Colby pushed the door open and stepped into a room filled with gadgets and gizmos of plenty. Colby had never seen a more magnificent collection in his life. Colby examined several of the trinkets in the room, but what really caught his attention was the map. There were several pins stuck in certain spots.

" Find what you're looking for?" asked Sam.

Colby whipped around to see Sam leaning in the doorway.

"I'm sorry," said Colby.

"Don't apologize," said Sam. " I did say to make yourself at home."

" Have you been to all these places?" asked Colby.

" No, they're places I want to visit someday," said Sam, walking over to join Colby at the map on the wall.

" The Galápagos Islands," said Colby. " Nice!"

" I heard it's famous for its coconuts," said Sam.

" Mangoes, actually," said Colby.

" What?" asked Sam.

" Nothing," said Colby.

Sam glanced down at Colby's wrist, noticing the gold watch on his wrist. " Where did you get that watch?" asked Sam.

" Oh, this old thing," said Colby. He looked over at Sam, wanting so desperately to tell him everything. " It was a gift."

" It's beautiful," said Sam. " I have one just like it."

Sam and Colby had been talking and discussing Sam's trinkets all night. They hadn't even seen Kevin peek into the room, smiling as the two boys bonded. He listened at the door for a minute and then continued on his way.

" Where did you get this compass?" asked Colby.

" I found that ages ago," said Sam. " It's locked though, I could never figure out how to get it open."

Sam suddenly spun around as he heard a click and looked at the open compass in Colby's hand. He smiled widely.

" How did you do that?" asked Sam.

" I don't know, I just kind've knew," said Colby.

" Where have you been all my life?" asked Sam.

Colby smiled at him and Sam tore his gaze away as he blushed.

" I should probably be getting to bed, it's getting late," said Sam. " But this was fun."

"It was," said Colby. " Goodnight, Sam."

" Goodnight, Colby," said Sam. He then made his way out of the room, and up to his chambers.

Colby eventually made his way up to his chambers as well. He layed in his bed, completely awestruck and in love but also in pain that he couldn't tell Sam who he really was. All those memories, they would never get to share again. Colby settled back into the pillows and instantly fell asleep.

Katrina watched the brunette sleeping in his bed. " That was too close," said Katrina.

" Looks like you may have underestimated that boy," said Tara.

" Whose side are you on again, exactly?" asked Katrina, angrily.

Tara gulped nervously. " Yours," she said.

" That's what I thought!" said Katrina. " He only has two days left and we're gonna make sure he doesn't succeed."