Chapter 12

All three of them dove into the water. Sam was getting used to his new tail but he was keeping up. They stopped abruptly, looking for any sign of Katrina. Suddenly, Jake swam over them and he quickly hugged Colby.

" Oh my poseidon, you're alive," said Jake. " Don't ever leave again please."

" It's good to see you too," said Colby.

The seagull suddenly dove down as well. " You have no idea how great it is to hear your voice again, brother," said Corey. Both of the creatures looked over at Sam.

" That's a new look for you, Sam," said Corey. " Looks good though."

" Thanks," said Sam. " You must be Jake and Corey, right?"

" How do you know who we are?" asked Jake.

" Colby talks about you all the time," said Sam.

" He does?" asked Jake.

Corey sniffled. " I think I'm gonna cry," he said, his voice getting high pitched.

Jake looked over at Sam. " I never thanked you for saving my life," said Jake.

Sam thought for a moment. " Oh, that was you, huh?" he asked.

" Yea, I guess you humans aren't so bad afterall," said Jake.

" I'm glad we've all been acquainted, but we have a much bigger problem on our hands," said the king.

Katrina was swimming towards them. She had Tara and an army of electric eels following behind her. She stopped in front of the 3 of them.

" Looks like you're outnumbered," said Katrina.

" No, they're not," said a voice.

Katrina shot her gaze towards the person who spoke. It was Elton and the rest of Colby's brothers. They swam up beside their father.

" This is gonna be fun," said Katrina.

King Layne turned to his six sons. " You all deal with her eels," he said. " If we subdue them first she'll be easier to deal with."

" On it," said Mike, and the six of them swam away.

" We can deal with Tara," said Jake. " C'mon Corey."

" I'm having fish tonight!" said Corey, as they headed for Tara.

That left Colby, Layne and Sam to deal with Katrina. All of them surrounded her, carefully and strategically dodging her powers. She was wrestling with Layne over the trident. Sam and Colby swam together, using whatever they could to distract Katrina as she fought with Layne over the trident. She had tried to pry it from his hands but he refused to let go. Sam smacked his tail towards Katrina and she was knocked off balance, loosening her grip on the trident. She glared evilly at Sam and swam towards him. The trident soared through the water and Colby easily caught it as it came towards him.

He quickly swam over to his father and handed him the trident just as Katrina began to laugh.Colby and his father turned to face her and she had Sam tied up in her tentacles. One of her tentacles slithered around Sam's neck.

"Give me the trident, now!" said Katrina.

Layne and Colby looked at her in shock. Colby had a panicked look on his face.

" Hand it over, or Colby's little lover boy gets the life squeezed out of him," said Katrina, as she tightened her hold on Sam. He gasped for air as the tentacles tightened around his neck and body. Layne pointed the trident towards her ready to fire when she pulled Sam in front of her.

" Careful you don't hit little Sammy here in the process," she laughed.

Colby looked on, unsure of what to do, when suddenly he saw his father lower the trident and move towards Katrina. Colby rested his hand on his fathers arm and looked him in the eyes.