Chapter 11

Sam and Colby had made their way to the lagoon not far from the castle. They were laying together in the boat, looking up at the stars.

" And those right there are Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, also known as the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper," said Sam, pointing to the sky. Colby followed his hand. " That one right there is Cassiopeia and that over there is Aquarius. Aquarius always leads to land, so if you're ever lost at sea, just follow Aquarius."

" Where did you learn that?" asked Colby.

" I don't know actually," laughed Sam. " Must've read it in a book somewhere."

Colby looked at Sam as he tore his gaze away from him and looked back to the night sky.

" You know, I never took the time to ask about you," said Sam. " So, tell me. Who is Colby? What does Colby want in life?"

" Well, my family is kind've estranged," said Colby.

" I'd still love to hear about them," said Sam.

" I have 6 older brothers," said Colby.

" Wow," said Sam. " What's that like?"

" They're great, most of the time," laughed Colby. Sam laughed with him.

" What about your parents?" asked Sam.

" It's just my father," explained Colby. " My mother died when I was very young."

" I'm sorry," said Sam. " I'd give anything to have known my father and have a real family like that."

" Yea, they are pretty great," said Colby, frowning as he thought of his family and what he had given up.

" If you could go anywhere, where would you go?" asked Sam.

" Probably Hawaii, I love it there," said Colby.

" You've been to Hawaii?" asked Sam. " I've been trying to get to Maui forever now."

" Trust me when I say Kauai, Hawaii is the place to go," said Colby.

" I'll keep that in mind," said Sam. " Thanks."

Sam and Colby turned their heads towards each other, smiling as they gazed into each other's eyes. Colby thought for sure the kiss would happen right here, right now, floating in a blue lagoon. He had made it further than last time when suddenly their boat was tipped. Both of them fell into the water. Colby poked his head through the blanket of water and Sam came up a few seconds later.

" Guess that's our cue to leave," said Sam, swimming to the edge of the lagoon.

Colby looked around curiously, wondering what could have possibly tipped them. Not seeing anything, he followed Sam to the edge of the lagoon, just as Tara slipped behind the waterfall.

It was very late into the night when Sam and Colby made their way back over the stone walls of the castle. Both of them stopped for a second to catch their breath.

" That was amazing," said Colby.

" I loved every second," said Sam. He looked at Colby. " Thank You."

" It was my pleasure," said Colby.

" Where have you been?" asked the Queen. Sam and Colby quickly whipped their heads towards the queen, several guards and Prince Brennen.

" You know you're not supposed to leave the castle grounds without an escort, Samuel," said the Queen. " Do you have any idea what time it is? This is bandit hour, what if something had happened to you?"

" It was my fault, your majesty," said Colby. " It was my idea, not Sam's."

" I see," said the Queen. " Well, I think you've overstayed your welcome, young man. I want you gone in the morning."