Chapter 3: Losing Game

I'm afraid of all I am
My mind feels like a foreign land
Silence ringing inside my head
Please, carry me home

Earlier this morning, I was looking for my books in my locker and found another cryptic note. This is getting on my nerves, but I haven't told anyone what is happening because I don't want to be a burden.

I started getting weird notes when Isaac became a suspect in his dad's murder. Frankly, I was so worried about him that, at first, I didn't pay that much attention. After Matt drowned, I didn't get any more notes, so I figured maybe that was part of his MO as a stalker, and I calmed down.

However, I got at least four more weird messages during the summer at the diner. Someone is definitely keeping a creepy eye on me, but so far, the notes have not been that menacing. "Hello gorgeous," "I love your smile," "Your violin concerts are the best." Creepy indeed, but I am trying to carry on as usual; I can handle whatever life throws at me.

Today things changed. I got one with a threatening tone: "You whore, I was planning to be your first!" WT actual F? I start trembling and looking everywhere. My head is spinning, and I know I am about to start hyperventilating.

Danny shows up out of nowhere and notices my state, "Hey, what is going on? Lexi, talk to me. How can I help you?" I just put my finger up, signaling to please give me a minute, but I felt my stomach churn at that moment. I had to run to the nearest bathroom to vomit; my nerves won't handle much more.

Today is not my day; after the note incident, I had to deal with the chauvinistic twin. I was out of the changing rooms waiting for Isaac and Danny to start cross-country practice. Aiden showed up out of nowhere and pressed himself against me from behind. He doesn't have the right to get in my personal space like that and humiliate me in front of everybody, assh**e.

I turned around and smacked him straight in the face trying to erase his annoying ever-present smirk, "You dipshit, don't ever think about getting close to me again," and was so ready to punch him again, but by then, Danny and Ethan were out and pulled Aiden away.

Isaac sees the end of the scene and is about to attack Aiden, but the coach interrupts, giving me a lunch detention for hitting that stupid twin and for using inappropriate words in school (really?)

While we set up for practice, I notice the twins standing near Isaac, who growls and starts running after them.

They are going too fast, and I know I won't be able to get to them on time, so I ask Scott to please do something.

Danny and I are running together when there is a loud scream. Danny stops in his tracks and hugs me turning me around to cover my view..." you don't need to see that; let's get away."

They had just found another body, but I am glad I didn't get to see it; I have enough scary images in my mind.

As we walk back to school, Stiles, Scott, and Isaac discuss werewolves' issues, so I keep going separately with Danny. When I meet Isaac by the lockers, he explains that Stiles thinks someone is committing human sacrifices. Still, he is convinced that all the recent deaths are tied to the twins and the Alpha pack.

Isaac is so set on the twins that he is an easy target for them, and sure enough, he later gets in trouble and is now also stuck in lunch detention. Mr. Harris assigns us to work together.

"Hey, are you OK? I know you don't like small spaces," I ask while seeing him staring nervously at the door in the supply closet.

"It's fine, I am with you, and the door is open; maybe if we clean fast, we can close it and do something more interesting," he says with a smirk.