Season 3A Chapter 4: Ups and Downs

Mirrors on the ceiling
The pink champagne on ice
And she said, "We are all just prisoners here
Of our own device"

Today is Sunday, and I will visit Isaac at the McCall house. He seems happy there, and both Scott and Melissa make me feel welcome.

Stiles is here to talk with the betas, and they are discussing two different issues. Dealing with the Alpha pack, and the fact that now they are sure about the human sacrifices. Stiles is way smarter than I thought, and his interaction with Isaac is actually funny.

Scott tells me not to worry about Danny's safety because I am very worried about him hanging with Ethan. He promises to monitor the situation closely and that they will ensure Danny doesn't get hurt. I need to trust them on this one.

Since I have little to add to their conversation, I leave them in the room. I go downstairs to see if Melissa needs any help with preparing lunch before she goes to her shift at the hospital.

"Honey, it's so good to see you! I didn't know you were dating Isaac. He is a good kid; I am glad you two are together."

"Thank you, and thanks for opening your home to him; he needs people to care for him! I feel good with him, and I hope I can make him happy!"

"Not a problem; as I said, he is a good guy, and as far as you making him happy, I am sure you do. Can I ask you something, though? How are you really doing?"

"Well, some days are more manageable than others. I think the only times I get a good night's sleep is when Isaac stays over, but don't worry, I won't be crashing here if you don't want to."

"I don't have any issue. You are always welcome here, but you can't depend on Isaac to sleep well. You know you need to work on the root problem. I have a friend in the downtown hospital who could help if you want."

"Thank you. I promise I will think about it."

"Think about what, my angel?" asked Isaac as he approached us in the kitchen.

"I was offering Alexandra help to understand the supernatural world from a human standpoint," said Melissa, winking at me and saving me from confessing to Isaac that my emotional state has been faltering lately.

I have tried to deny it and am convinced I am strong enough to handle it. Still, I can feel something in the back of my mind lingering, like there is a monster that will jump out of the darkness and consume me.

"Hey, if you need a human perspective, you can also talk to me. After all, I have saved these doggies' as**s more than once," chimed Stiles, making me laugh.

After lunch, Isaac and I went to the preserve for a while. We went on his bike like that first stargazing date, and it was so much fun. By sunset, I told him I wanted to see my Nanna before the day was over, but he had refused to go to the cemetery since his dad died, so we parted ways as I headed there.

The next day, we spent the day in school like always, but he said he wouldn't be able to see me at night.

Text from My Sunshine: Hey, I don't think I will see you tonight; I'm going with Scott to grab Mexican and might do some pack business afterward. Love you!

Text from My Angel: OK, please be careful! Text me when you get back to know you are safe. Love you more!

I woke up super early because we needed to be at the school parking at an insane time in the morning to take a bus to an out-of-town cross-country meet. Marco is here to take me to school. He had offered me a ride when the coach announced the competition, but on the way there, he mentioned that he wouldn't be joining the competition this time. He is one of our best runners, so I am sure Coach won't be happy.