Fairytale

I wanna take you somewhere so you know I care
But it's so cold and I don't know where
I brought you daffodils in a pretty string
But they won't flower like they did last spring

I left a month and a half ago. It has been interesting. I had been thinking about leaving Beacon Hills since I arrived there as a runaway. My original goal was to go backpacking through Europe when I finished high school, but the moment I found out Isaac left the hospital and went straight to Allison, I knew there was nothing left for me there. I just accelerated my backpacking plans.

That night, I talked to Jessica and the crew, who were sad but understood and supported my decision. I sent some thank you messages to Melissa and Sheriff Stilinski. I met with Marco to plan our meet-up in the summer in Europe and say bye to my BFF, who promised to see me soon, probably in London when he visits Jackson.

I only had two things left to do. I went to the music room to retrieve my violin and met a shy girl with big, wide eyes. She seemed a bit unstable but was sweet enough. She talked for a few minutes with me in a cryptic sense.

"The sun will stop shining if you go," the girl said, but I had no idea what she was talking about. In fact, I hadn't even mentioned to her that I was going anywhere. Still, I had a flight to catch, and my time was limited, so I left without asking her anything else. As I walked out, I saw a guy in uniform walking towards the room.

The last thing I did in Beacon Hills before taking an Uber to the airport was to visit Nanna and Boyd at the cemetery. I told my tribe it would be easier to go alone, so this was my last farewell.

"Hey, big man, hope you are ok! I can imagine that the milkshakes in heaven taste better than the ones I used to prepare for you at the diner. I will not be able to visit here for a while, but I will always carry you in my heart. I hope you know that. I said bye to your parents. I hope you are happy knowing they are going to couples and grief counseling. They seem to be doing better.

Keep smiling for me from heaven. I miss your kind smile."

In front of Boyd's grave, I played my violin one last time before leaving everything and everyone behind.

And with that, I hopped in an Uber and ran away for the second time in my life.

I am now in Scotland, getting ready to welcome a new year. I can't believe everything I've been through in only 12 months.

I keep my telehealth therapy appointments, and the solo traveling and interacting with many people from different cultures have had incredible healing power over me. I feel better, more in control of my emotions, and at peace. I follow a routine. Sometimes, we travel in packs, literally cause these are friends Marco hooked me up with, and they are nomad werewolves. Other times, I travel alone and bump into new people.

Tonight is New Year's Eve, and I am in this bar where beer runs constantly, and many humans are wasted. The werewolves even have a weird-tasting drink that helps them get as close to drunk as their supernatural powers allow them. Everyone is dancing and having a fantastic time.

A small band has been playing and is now doing some fiddle when I feel spontaneous enough to bring my violin out. Together, we start playing "I am in love with a Fairytale," and the crowd goes wild, which is super fun for me, but a part of me went straight to the night Isaac confessed that he was a werewolf.

"Isaac, this doesn't change anything. I love you, and it doesn't matter if your eyes are your human blue or your werewolf amber. Although I must confess, I prefer your natural blue irises. So, my boyfriend is a werewolf; I am in love with a fairytale; I hope it has a happy ending!"

That night, we made love for the first time, but now it is evident that I didn't get my happy ending.

An hour later, they started doing karaoke, and we were all cramped on the small stage, singing "Memories" from Maroon 5. And the memories did kill me. All this time, I have forced thoughts of Isaac out of my brain, but tonight, the last day of the year, my heart is winning this battle. 

I need air, so in the middle of the song, I walked out, looked at the starry night, and just sent him a message through the moon. I can hear the midnight countdown and the celebration, but I don't feel too celebratory right now.

Isaac's POV

It's New Year's Eve, and we are together, although the mood is sad. Melissa invited Chris over so he wouldn't spend this holiday alone. Deaton, Stiles, the Sheriff, and Scott complete the group. With Allison's death just a month and a half ago, we keep the celebration low-key.

Suddenly, I get a text from Marco with a link to a TikTok video by one of his friends. There she is...my angel, playing her violin and the crowd celebrating. Nobody else seems to notice it, but I can see her eyes getting sad and her smile faltering. There is another post; in that one, I can see her with watery eyes leaving the stage. Europe is ahead of us, so she has already welcomed a new year, and I wish I was there with her.

"Man, stop torturing yourself. Why don't you accept Chris' offer and go with him to Europe? He needs the break, and you can try to find Alexandra and make things right between you two," says Scott, while Deaton and Stiles nod, agreeing with his comment.

"I waited too long and pushed the person I truly loved away. She left to avoid me. I don't think she will want to see me now."

"Well, there is only one way to find out. I can tell you are miserable here, and for what Marco and Jessi have shared, even though she is really enjoying her trip, Lexi is still very much in love with you," chimes in Melissa.

"I will help with the expenses, and if you decide to stay longer, you can use the money from your dad's life insurance, which should be kicking in soon," said Chris.

After seeing the TikTok videos about 100 times, I decided I would find Lexi. I contacted Marco and explained my plan.

"Dude, you know how much I care for Lexi. And even though I am conscious that she still loves you, I am not sure that you showing up while she is in this healing process will work ok. Plus, she decided to stay uncommunicated for the most part to avoid being ambushed by the past. So, I can't tell you not to go, but I won't make it easy for you. Hence, tracking her down is on you. I can tell you that I will definitely meet with her this summer in Ibiza.

Zack and I are not convinced that you are the right person for Alexandra, but the Moon Goddess decided to protect you and grant you a fantastic woman. If you find her and then hurt her again, I swear I will get the whole pack that protects her over there to devour you."

With those parting, loving words from Marco over the phone, I grabbed my bag and headed out to the airport with Chris.

This time, I will show Alexandra that she is my whole world and I will fight for our forever happy ending!

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Sorry for the short chapter...do you want these two to reconcile? How much should Isaac grovel? Should Lexi find someone new?? PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE!