Season 3B: Chapter 3 Powerful Angel

I was in your arms

Thinking I belonged there

I figured it made sense

Building me a fence

Building me a home

Thinking I'd be strong there

But I was a fool

Playing by the rules

This morning school seems chaotic, but it is expected as it is Mischief night. Coach is paranoid about what sort of pranks students are planning for him. I never get involved in those, so today, I need a little break and go to my secret spot in the library. I haven't done this in a while, and I welcome the silence and the chance to not deplete my social battery.

Suddenly, Coach was standing beside me with an annoyed look because apparently there was a fire alarm, and I didn't even notice. As I am leaving school, Marco shows up and asks me if we can talk now. I owe him that much; after all, he protected me that night.

"Alexandra, I am sorry I never told you about me being a werewolf. I didn't know you were aware of the supernatural. I knew Isaac and Scott were like me, but that didn't necessarily mean you knew. Like Danny, who doesn't know what Ethan is."

"I am almost certain that Danny has suspicions about the supernatural; he has even shared some of his theories with me, but I get it. I am not mad at you for not telling me. Marco, you are my friend; you don't owe me any explanations."

"Well, I actually do. Do you know about the legends of werewolves, not the ones from Beacon Hills? Like the whole thing about mates, and claiming the mates, etc."

"Yes, funny you mentioned that. I was obsessed with those stories when I was younger—granted, I was only reading the PG versions, but I have heard. Now that I think of it, I ironically mentioned to Isaac that werewolves were too possessive. He didn't tell me he was a werewolf then, hmm? I just remembered that" my mind went to last summer's memories. We were so happy back then. How in the world did our relationship implode so dramatically in so little time?

"Well, I am not from Beacon Hills, and I come from a more traditional pack with those rules and beliefs. My pack was murdered, I am the only survivor, and my wolf is smitten with you," he says shyly.

My eyes are wide open in surprise, and I don't know how to reply.

"So, don't panic. According to our rules, you are human, and there were no inter-species couples. Plus, I know that although you have distanced yourself from Isaac, you still love him. I just thought that I needed to explain to you what was going on. Zack can become very stubborn, but I already explained that you are not Rosalyn. She was my mate, and you, my friend, could be her doppelganger."

"Did Rosalyn...?" I couldn't finish the phrase; I know the stories saying that lost mates are a terrible fate for a werewolf. He didn't even answer with words; his eyes told me everything.

I hugged him, "I am so sorry".

His eyes went dark after I hugged him, and now I knew what was happening.

"Nice to meet you, Zack. If you are okay with it, I can be your friend, and if Marco lets you out someday for a run, I can rub your belly. After all, you are my hero. You came out to save me."

"Told you she is perfect!"

"Don't tease him, Lexi. I won't be able to keep him quiet," said Marco, back in control.

"Can I ask you something? Why are your eyes blue? I know what it means here, but is it different where you come from?" I could notice Marco being uneasy about the question.