Chapter 6: Progress

You'll always be the one
You were the first, you'll be the last

Wherever you go, I'll be with you
Whatever you want, I'll give it to you

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Short chapter this time but Isaac and Alexis are finally making progress. Only a few chapters left on this story!

After a month of traveling throughout Italy, we went to other countries. We even decided to settle for at least several weeks in a few cities to get a better feel for the local culture. Without knowing, time flew, and we are now ready to head to Spain, where the final destination will be Ibiza.

These adventures during the past five months have helped us make progress in the planning for the new pack, and I should accept that it has also helped me start to let my guard down.

Isaac has been nothing short of amazing. And even though he didn't stay with us in all the cities, I was happy when he popped up out of nowhere. By now, I am always looking around to see if I can spot him.

Phil and Sapphire have noticed this and are constantly teasing me about it. I never stopped loving Isaac, but I am still worried that if I let him in again, he will find a way to push me away, and I can't do this again. Call it muscle memory or trauma, but with my track record of people not wanting me around, I am trying to protect myself. My therapist keeps telling me that maybe it makes sense for me to try again as long as I make sure I have boundaries in place. I don't know; I am not 100% there yet.

Talking about therapy, we found a new member of the pack who is a therapist and has been working with Phil. To the point that he is starting to voice certain thoughts, his selective mutism is finally eroding. Hopefully, he will be able to go back to normal soon. His story was sad indeed, which he confessed to me right after a particularly rough night of terrors. He woke up screaming, and I was terrified because no matter what I tried, he was not waking up. When he finally opened his eyes, he cried so hard it broke my heart. After soothing and hugging him, Phil started sharing his story.

His mother was a Romani gypsy who had fallen in love with a merchant. They lived happily together and formed a loving home when their only child, Phillippe, was born. They settled in northern France because his father's business was doing well.

One night, walking back home from the movie, they were attacked, and his parents were killed in the violent robbery. Phillippe was severely beaten and ended up in a hospital. It took him a week to regain consciousness, but by then, he was so traumatized and terrified by the experience that he stopped talking. He was discharged, and nobody cared about protecting him.

After many months as a homeless, he was attacked again, this time by a werewolf who bit and turned him.

My poor younger brother. After finishing his story, he hugged me and thanked me for giving him a family. That's when I realized that this pack that Marco will soon lead will become a family for many who have been kicked from their pack and have been alone since.

I wished I knew what Sapphire's story was; the more I observed her, the more I was convinced that she had suffered a significant loss.

Isaac has stayed in contact with Melissa and Scott, while I always exchange messages with Jessi and the kitchen crew. The supernatural world continues to be as hectic over there as ever. Last I heard, Derek was dating Breaden, the girl who saved Isaac, was presumed dead, and has evolved into a full shifter/wolf.

Who would have told me that the handsome green-eyed guy who once offered me a present in the diner was actually now a wolf? Kira and Scott are still dating, and Stiles, Lydia, and Malia are ready to start their Senior year in a few months.