Chapter 3: Differences

'Cause every night, I'm talking to the moon
Still trying to get to you

In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too
Or am I a fool who sits alone talking to the moon?

Isaac's POV

I see her leaving with a guy. I know it's Lexi, and I am trying to reach her, but I am stopped by a huge guy who reeks of werewolf blood, so I know he is one of us. His arm is over a girl's shoulders, bringing her closer to him while she seems unexcited about their proximity.

"Why are you painting my girl?" growls the guy, but before he can continue, the girl interrupts him.

"First, I am not your girl. We just met three weeks ago, and second, please let me handle this conversation. Now, you! Who was the girl that scurried out of here? She looks exactly like me?"

"Well, she is someone I used to know and the muse of my paintings. So, to answer the first question, I didn't paint her," I say, pointing at the girl in front of me. "I painted the girl that just left and who I am trying to catch up with, so if you please excuse me, I got to go!"

"You are not going anywhere until you answer my questions," says the guy who was starting to get on my nerves and if he keeps pushing, I will let my impulsive self, get into a fight, which won't be a good idea given that I am in a foreign country.

Luckily, Lexi's doppelganger gives the guy an annoying stare and replies, "You know what, he already said he painted the other girl. It is not for you to know, but I do not have a birthmark on my lower back, so if you look at that painting, you can see we are not the same. Plus, her eyes are brown, and mine are hazel, you idiot. We have similar features, but I can see the differences. Frankly, I am not wasting more time explaining those to you. I also want to meet this girl, so painter, should we go?" and without letting me answer, she grabbed my hand and pulled me in a run, leaving the other guy stranded.

I am grateful that one of my newly acquired friends was sharing the kiosk space with me so I could text him to take care of my paintings while I pursued Lexi to finally talk with her.

We ran for almost 10 minutes and looked in different directions, using our sense of scent, but we lost Lexi's trace.

I know she left the park with a guy, and suddenly, a pang of jealousy hit me. What if she had already moved on? Could it be that she had found a new love in just two months? Although, if I am being honest, I let her go almost four months ago, the night of the concert right before her crisis during the lunar eclipse. I am such an a$$hole.

Once it was evident that we wouldn't find Alexandra, the girl who was still walking with me finally introduced herself.

"Hi, my name is Sapphire. And you are?"

"Isaac Lahey, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Well, Isaac, I must say that I loved the paintings, and even though I was not your muse, I am honored to see art with someone with such a striking resemblance to me. So, who is the girl to you?"

"She is my angel, my love, my world!"

"Whoa, dude, that sounds very profound! So, she is your mate?"

"Not really. I met her when I was fully human, and she is still human-nothing supernatural about my muse."

"So, you are not a born werewolf, but a bitten one. Always wanted to meet your kind. And you are not mates; interestingly, you speak very passionately about her. Do you want to tell me the story?"

"To be honest, not really. At least not now. I just want to find her. I haven't seen her in two months and am dying to clear certain things up."

"I hear you. Well, before I let you go, can you at least tell me about the paintings? They are magnificent!"