Season 3B: Our humans

Ever worry that it might be ruined
And does it make you wanna cry?
When you're out there doing what you're doing
Are you just getting by?
Tell me, are you just getting by, by, by?

Stiles' POV

The freaking Darach nightmare is over! I arrived at the last minute and stopped the cellar from crumbling on top of our parents, Allison and Isaac. My dad was right: aluminum bats are better than wooden ones.

Scott shows up with Derek and helps us get out of the hole where we are. He is updating us on what went down with Ms. Blake and Deucalion when we suddenly hear a piercing roar.

I am so confused. The only wolves I know are standing before me, except Peter and the twins, but none roar like that.

This was a powerful growl filled with pain and anger.

We all look at each other, and before we can react, Scott shows his newly acquired True Alpha leadership skills.

"OK, the parents need rest; this has been quite an ordeal. Derek, can you please take my mom home? Allison and Chris, we will catch up later. Stiles, take your dad home while Isaac and I check what was all that about".

"Yeah, buddy, about that. There is a tiny problem. My jeep smashed against a tree, that is why I didn't contact you guys earlier. On my way here, the wind picked up at an intense speed, and I could hardly see, but I could swear I saw a girl in the middle of the road. I swirled to avoid her and ended up crashing into a tree. I know it sounds insane, but I think it was Alexandra."

When I say that, everyone looks up, Isaac immediately looks at his phone. His face is full of regret and sorrow. Apparently, she had tried to contact him.

Melissa immediately says that if the roar has anything to do with Lexi and she is hurt, she needs to stay to help. Chris takes Allison and my father so he can contact the department for backup. Before leaving, I noticed Allison grabbing Isaac's hand as a sign of support.

Scott and Isaac ran towards the sound of the roar while Derek drove me and Melissa as it seemed to have come from the cliff.

The image in front of me is not what I was expecting.

Alexandra is dangerously close to the cliff; if she moved, the abyss would swallow her. But the weirdest thing is that there is a huge black wolf with piercing dark blue eyes protecting and circling her while growling and looking at us menacingly.

"Guys, who is that?"

"Marco!" Derek whispered. We all turned to him, surprised.

"What are you talking about? And why didn't you tell us he was a werewolf?" says Scott, annoyed.

"I wasn't sure. Peter kept bugging me that there was someone else we needed to be watching, but I didn't pay attention."

I heard a menacing growl, and I turned to see the wolf surrounding Alexandra's unconscious body more protectively. While we were paying attention to Derek, we didn't notice that Isaac was trying to get closer to her.

"Can someone explain what is going on and how I can get close to Lexi with this wolf guarding her?" says Melissa, exasperated, probably because the adrenaline of the last 72 hours is starting to wear off, and she must be exhausted.

"Marco, control your wolf so we can talk," Derek sternly says. He might not be an Alpha anymore, but keeps his awful mood.

Marco snaps out of it, shifting back to his human, very naked self, and notices us.

"Ms. McCall, I am sorry you are seeing me like this. Please help Lexi, she is hurt. Guys, does anyone have something I can wear?"

Luckily, Derek had some pants in his car. I contacted dad to check how far away the ambulance was.