Chapter 7: New pack, new threats

"Just like that! Are you kidding me? That is such an anticlimactic move!" exclaims Sapphire after finding out Isaac and I are together now.

"Finally, you better get some 'cause I have been in a drought for months and need to live vicariously through you!" that, of course, is the comment from Mauro.

"You two deserve happiness!" says my lil bro Phil with a hug. This kid is incredible!

While everyone is reacting, I keep looking at Isaac, who smiles from ear to ear. He is beaming, and his blue eyes are sparkling. He is beside me in two fast steps with his long legs and engulfing me in a hug.

"Oh, please get a room!" says Sapphire jokingly, but I can't help noticing a hint of sadness in her eyes.

For the next couple of weeks, we are enjoying Spain, its cuisine, its culture, and the incredible atmosphere of its multiple carnivals across the main cities. We have had almost daily calls with Marco as his arrival approaches. Half of the new members have already arrived in Ibiza. Jacob and Elosie are the ones hosting those who have already come.

Baby Marcel was born a month ago. It turns out werewolf pregnancies typically last around 5 months. I didn't know that. We have FaceTime them, and the baby is the cutest thing. They are both elated, and I think Louis and Maria are getting baby fever. It looks like the pack will grow faster than expected.

Danny, Ethan, and Jackson are all coming to Ibiza as well. Danny because he said this is our time to celebrate our graduation (he also finished early and is now studying at UCLA). Jackson is coming to meet up with Danny, while Ethan wants to check out the group as he is currently an omega without a pack. He has stayed safe traveling and not settling down anywhere to avoid getting attacked, but he is getting tired.

Honestly, I get it, too; I am already tired of all the traveling. It has been a fantastic experience, but I am ready to settle. I have already submitted my application, and in a month, I will start my studies in Belgium. 

Jacob already told me that the area where they will set the pack community will be relatively close, less than two hours from where I will live. They finally agreed to build the pack houses in a forest area near Compiègne in France. Every pack member will be on building duty, and all those plans will be discussed as soon as the rest of them arrive.

"A kiss for your thoughts!" says Isaac with a smirk.

"Hum, who says I want your kisses?" I say cheekily. Isaac grabs me and starts twirling while tickling me, making me laugh.

"OK, OK, I will tell you, just put me down!"

"A lot is going to change once Marco arrives. I know I am not a werewolf, and even though my group accepts me, I am unsure if the rest of this new pack will be as welcoming. I will miss my friends if that happens," I say honestly.

"Angel, they won't let anyone disrespect or push you away. And regardless of what happens, you will always be my pack. I don't need anyone else but you."

"Have you decided what you will do after the meeting in Ibiza?"

"I have been talking with Chris. He is OK with me staying in his apartment. I plan to find a job in Paris and apply to a college there. That way, I can hang with the pack on my breaks, and we can meet on their ground, which is the middle point, or we can come and go to yours and my place while we are studying. I would hate to be far from you for too long, but we can make it work. What do you think?"

"Mr. Lahey, I am impressed. It looks like you have been giving it some serious thought."

"That's honestly the only thing I do, thinking of you!" He finishes that sentence with a searing kiss that weakens my knees. Oh, how much I have missed his touch.