Chapter-6

Juliet needed to find her....her, Chloe Miller but how....? She no longer lived in their town. She left the town almost a decade ago. But for Jennifer's sake, she knew, she would do anything, poor girl..... she had been through so much that most folks don't undergo in their entire lives. People often say..... that everything happens for a 'reason' but she really wanted to know what was the reason behind such a brutality, how can a man... no screw it how can anyone hurt anybody like that..... that psycho bastard, how dare he?!

Jenny's surgery required her aunt's consent without which the doctors won't be able to carry on with the treatment.... Time was running out but what to do and where to start from were the biggest questions hovering her brain. Juliet decided that maybe she should ask around..... that would lead her somewhere, Yes that would be the best, because Chloe and Mrs Williams that is Jenny's mom must had a few friends over the town.

She thought of starting with her Grandma first, because she remembered that her grandma was the one, who had persuaded, her to be friends with Jennifer, come to think of it, she realised that her ever so strict grandma was always very kind to Jenny, she often invited her home for tea, cookies, cake etc. but Jenny was always just too nervous and used to shook her head in negation and rarely ever came home. She recalled that one time her grandma even tried to enquire Jenny regarding Reynolds and her home but in return she had just paled and kept quiet..... and everyone had thought that the poor girl was still mourning for her mother's death.

Juliet wondered, did her grandma knew that Jenny was being abused by her so called step-father, or maybe just like her , she had a hunch, that something wasn't okay but couldn't pin-point where. All those thoughts, together, were driving her crazy. She needed some answers and she wanted them now, so after informing the doctors that she would be back later and giving her cell no. to the nurse, she raced back to her home to talk to her Grandma.

Please read.... and

don't forget to vote or comment;)

Julie