Chapter 15

It was noontime when they reached 'The New York City'. As they got out of the plane, Jennifer could feel the high temperature crop up from the landing strip, and due to this sudden heat breathing was quickly becoming a problematical task for her. She was sweating like mad even before she reached the bottom of the stairs. On the other hand, Chloe took no notice of the boosting heat from the hours of the daylight, instead an unhurried grin broadened over her fine-looking features. At that instant Chloe became conscious of the fact that now they no longer had any loose ends with the Bellburn Town, from this moment, New York was their home. And she was glad to be back at home, her approval on that thought became apparent when her normally guarded smile detonated into a glowing, joyful smile, that she hadn't wore almost in a decade.

They promptly made their way to the baggage claim area once they ambled down the flight of steps. To Jenny, the entire airport looked like a big shopping mall, which she had only seen in movies because Bellburn Town just had a small shopping centre. It was absolutely gigantic here, and she felt so tiny and forlorn...................the 'perfection' of the glittering white tiles underneath her feet, teased her for her personal imperfections, the thought of the hideous scars over her body made her wince ........the classical music playing in the background was no longer soft, instead it was making her restless...........and the happy and curious expressions on the very many faces, goaded her for being such a knotty and awkward girl............and all these rapid awareness of the sensations distressed her already jet lagged and worn-out self miserably. She was tired and wanted to get to only one person she knew in the entire airport, who would solve all her worries and qualms, but wasn't able to find her anywhere. She turned around in her frenzied efforts of trying to find her aunt and as soon as she located her, she slowly released the breath she had been holding. There she was, in the beautiful sleeveless emerald green summer dress, contentedly talking with two women. At that moment, Jenny comprehended that her aunt was a modern day angel......strong and tough for her own good, kind for she was ready to deal with her niece's panic attacks and trust-issues, determined to give her the hope for a better tomorrow, so lovely inside and out.....glowing like a bright star in a dark night.

Jennifer felt so beat but even her exhaustion couldn't stop her from budging to her dear aunt. But in the midway of her approach, she felt so lightheaded, she opened her mouth to call for her aunt but no sound came out.........suddenly a wave of vertigo flashed through her eyes, accompanied by queasiness, and a second later she was ready to collapse on the shiny floor.....................but her body never touched the bottom instead she carefully landed in the arms of someone!

Heyy Guysssss!!!

Soooooo finally she's in NYC..................!!!!!

Who do you think is this 'someone'??????

Please read, vote and comment...........................

I would love to know what you people think about this story:)