Chapter-9

Juliet's POV

She was coming.............., she was coming back.... here........ in Bellburn Town. just for her niece.as soon as possible........GOSH... CHLOE MILLER IS BACK. , i kept on repeating that as i made my way to Jenny's room, i was overjoyed, happy beyond belief, my mind was still unable to wrap around the truth, that she cared, she was worried because there was a part within me that was terrified...... what if Chloe didn't care, wanted nothing to do with her niece but her worry and her concern acted as a balm on all of my doubts and distrust.......... now i was confident that Chloe really love her and would never intentionally hurt her. It still felt like a deja vu when some or the other part of the conversation kept on flashing in my mind, it was so damn easy to contact her though she left the town atleast a decade ago but still she left behind her contact number with her friends, with belief that they would check up on her niece. It wasn't her fault that her friends never kept their part, yes..... she should had visited atleast once a year, on christmas, maybe........, yet it doesn't matter because grandma often says 'better late than never'. Everything was going to be alright now. Jenny will be safe and maybe she will willingly smile again, not that forced one which was always plastered on her face for the customers in the café.

I reached the room, and with a smile pushed open the door and stopped at once, for a moment, I speculated that I had walked in an alternate world because the entire room was filled with flowers, 'sorry' and 'get well soon' cards......,It felt as if the entire town had decided to pay her a visit................... I smiled, people were worried, they were here............. as I walked further into the room i saw Jenny, her eyer were closed, she had an oygen mask on her face and a monitor was connected near her bed for monitoring her heart, there were syringes up her hand but overall I felt that she looked better. My grandma was sitting on the side of Jenny's bed, quietly, now that was a first because grandma was never quiet, in fact even at her age, she is a ball of energy as i took a few steps in her direction, I realised she was silently crying, there was no sound only tears making their way out of her eyes, her entire face was pale but i recognized that fire of animosity in her eyes...... the same which I had seen in that cop's eye, hatred for that psychotic man, who doesn't deserve to be called human.

I took her hand, and held it firmly with both of my hands, I consoled her, "It's over grandma, let it go..... he will suffer for it, this town's people will make sure of it". She rubbed the corners of her eyes with the back of her other hand and said in a hoarse voice "Yes baby...they will, they will have to..... because i-it's inhuman what he had done t-to this poor child, He will never get away with it". I had never ever seen this side of her before "Yes, so now please stop crying because belief it or not you are my rock grandma and it hurts.... a lot.when you are so sad. Be strong, for me, for us", I pleaded to her. "It's just that after seeing her, I couldn't control myself, He was soo cruel...... look at her face all swollen up from the bruises and cuts-" I didn't let her complete instead i gave her a long comforting hug, It was scary to see my grandma so weak and vulnerable, because belief it or not Adelia Johnson was not someone who you want to mess with, but I kept on murmuring in her ear that 'everything was going to be alright again'.

When I felt that she was okay, I let her go, her eyes met mine and she smiled, "Thanks I really needed that" "My Pleasure, Mrs Adelia Johnson" I said in a mocking voice and she lightly hit my head and I fake cried, "Ouch that hurt!" and we both laughed. "Excuse me, am I disturbing something?", asked a male voice, stopping us in between and I immediately stood up from Grandma's side, gave an embarassing smile to Dr Rodriguez, who in return smiled charmingly. "No... no nothing at all" I replied quickly. "Well then, I have some good news for all of you, Jennifer's condition is improving, though we still need to perform the surgery, but presently she is stable. And that's a very good news considering her guardian is still not here, we can further delay the surgery latest by tomorrow three in the afternoon, after that it has to be done." "No worries doc she is taking the first flight available, will be here tomorrow, i promise" I chirped. "JULIET MABEL JOHNSON, how dare you not tell me about the phone call?", my grandmother scolded me good naturedly while i cringed on hearing my middle name, I absolutely hated it. but she and Dr Rodriguez had a hearty laugh on seeing my face "I was going to tell you, but i never got the chance" I reasoned. "Anyways, i will take a leave from here, I will see you tomorrow", Dr Rodriguez murmured but before he left the room, he turned back,"Wait..... a Vivienne Moore called and left the message that she and her friend Sophia, i think was the name, are going to stay here at the hospital for the night.....so you can go home." with that he turned around and left us alone. Immediately as he left, my grandma grilled me all over again about my phone conversation with Chloe, after I completed she was again back to her old form, ready-to-burst-with-energy form.

I wanted to stay back here with Jenny.............. but i knew that grandma needed me, besides, I knew that Sophia and Vivienne were going to take good care of Jenny. It was already six, we waited till they arrived, grandma kissed Jenny's forehead, who was still asleep, then we bade them farewell and made our way back home.

Please Read.............Vote and comment!

I would love to know what you people think:)

You can always pm me.

Julie