Chapter- 7

Juliet's POV

       I immediately hailed a cab from outside the hospital to home. On my way, I received a few calls from the neighbours and friends, news definitely travels fast in small towns, all of them worried about Jenny and couldn't believe that Reynolds's could do something like that..... he managed to fool everyone, in the town, what an actor, always wore the façade of smiles and helpfulness around everybody, that even if, poor Jenny had ever dared to confide in someone, nobody would had believed her.

      The cab stopped in front of my house a few minutes later, I got out, paid the driver and darted inside my home. I called for my grandma, from the living room and she in all her glory of salt and pepper hair and dull brown eyes all but rushed to my side, she may look frail with that wrinkly face and skinny body of hers but inside she was as headstrong and stubborn like a wild boar. She immediately started grilling me about everything, how did I got the cops there, Jenny's health etc.. By the time, I told her everything her entire face had reddened, and she was ready to kill that bastard with her own bare hands, but then she also hugged me fiercely and softly murmured, 'I am so proud of you my baby..... so proud of you' and warmth crept inside me, I relaxed for the first time after a long time. I told her that we need to find Chloe, as she was the only relative that Jenny had and she agreed, she told me that Chloe worked as an editor in the local press, before she left the town and then also recalled the names of few people who were close to them.

        I and grandma shortly decided that we must start with the local press house because some of their friends were Chloe's co-workers, thus there was a fat chance that we might be able to meet at least some of them there. So there we were, in a cab, to the press house, and the entire way I was wondering why did Chloe left the town.....why? and never ever thought of visiting her niece, even once......not even when her own sister died.. nope murdered. My thoughts were cut off when the cab- driver announced that we were there, we got out, paid the driver and headed for the entrance of the press house. As soon as we entered inside, the girl on the counter saw us and her eyes widened. She paraded in our direction with a concern on her delicate face and enquired us about Jenny's condition, then she gave me a pat on my back and smiled, 'Bellburn Town's Hero... sorry Heroine' apparently everyone in the town now knew us.

        She gently questioned the reason of our visit and we told her that we needed to talk to a few people working there, about Jenny's aunt, Chloe Miller, who needs to be contacted as soon as possible! She asked for the names of the people with whom we intended to talk to and my grandmother told her 'Sophia Davis, Isabella Brown and Vivienne Moore'. She asked us to wait and made a few calls.. then guided us to the visitor's room.

      From the moment we had entered there, I had that fuzzy feeling within me that we would get her...... and I desperately hoped...., and prayed to God that I was right because otherwise it would be too much difficult for us to find her and we were already running short of time.

Please Read.....

Vote....... and

comment if you like:)        

Julie