"Are you okay?"

I woke up, laying in the nurses office. My head was pounding and my nose hurt along with my ribcage, sitting up, well attempting to sit up before wincing and falling back to the bed, letting out a few curses under my breath. Looking around I didn't see anyone but I heard the nurse questioning what sounded like Robin..? "Nngh.." —I whined out in pain once more before hearing shuffling getting closer.
"Are you okay?! Damn they got your nose pretty bad" Robin would say observing my nose a bit closer. Feeling my face warm up ever so slightly.
"Finney, can you tell me what happened?"
The nurse would ask, looking a bit concerned for my safety.
"I fell down the stairs." I knew If I spoke even a whisper of the truth I'd be hunted down like prey and hurt worse.
Robin shot a glare at me, knowing the truth.
"Okay well I'm going to call your fath-
"No! You can't.. Don't.." I'd say almost to panicked, instantly wanting to take back the words.
Robin had raised an eyebrow at my sudden change.
"He can stay at mine until schools over, if I could be excused as well."
The nurse would shake her head, "Robin I'm sorry I can't-"
Robin would scoff, obviously angered by the rejection. "Please. Just for today?"
"..Fine but only today." The nurse would say.
"Can you stand Finn?"
I was token back by the nickname, no one has ever called me that. Ever. "Oh uhm- I think?" I'd try to stand, feeling myself become weak in the knees I held onto Robins hip without thinking, not wanting to fall.
"Sorry-!" I'd groan at my own stupidity.
"Hey man Its whatever." Robin would swing an arm around Finneys lower back, swinging Finneys arm over his shoulder and helping him walk. "Oh, thanks."
As soon as we got outside he stepped dead in his tracks. "Why'd you lie?"
"I've told the truth before, it gets worse every time I do tell the truth, you really don't have to do this."
Robin would stay silent, starting to walk again, making it clear he hadn't changed the mind about me staying at his house. We walked in silent, pretty awkward if you ask me. I ignored each jab of pain that hit in my ribcage with each step.

Sorry for how short this is I'm lazy asf😇🫶