Delivering newspapers

Griffin's POV:

I woke up from the sound of the phone downstairs going off, since my dad wasn't home and I was an only child I had to go answer it just incase it was important.

As soon as I slipped from my cozy covers I was freezing, thankfully I had on fuzzy socks so my feet weren't as cold, as a little solution I took my blanket and wrapped it around my body quickly before dashing down the stairs and into the kitchen where the phone was ringing.

"Hello?, this is Griffin Stagg."
"Heyy!!!!!"
The caller practically screamed into the phone, instantly pulling the phone away from my ear and blinking a few times.
"Wait. BILLY????"
"Yeah, wanna deliver papers with me and my dog?"
"How did you— not even gonna ask, sure."
"Great! Meet me at the Grab n' go."
"Kay, I'll be there in ten."
And just like that I hung up the phone.
It took me around 3 minutes to stop fan girling over Billy, I ran upstairs and threw on a t-shirt and some pants.
After 6 minutes of jogging to the grab n' go I saw Billy in the distance petting his dog while on a bike.
"Hey!" I waved, smiling at both his dog and him.
"Hey Griff!"
I kneeled down and petted his dog happily.
I saw Vance playing pinball and decided to leave him be since that game is like his child.
"Alright where first?" I said, my gaze turning to Billy.
"I normally start on Finneys street! So there?"
"Aim for his windowsill!" I said jokingly and began walking beside Billy's bike as he rode slowly with the newspaper in his bike basket.
(I have no clue what those things are called or even if they have an exact name so bare with me...)
Once we got to the first house he handed me a paper and I threw it pretty much right near their door, hearing a thud and then the sound of a dog barking wildly.
"Nice throw Griff!"
"Thanks!"
He threw one from the opposite side that I had threw my own, this continued for awhile until we reached Finneys house.
"Aim for his window!" I said, not expecting him to actually do it.
But before saying "just kidding" he threw it. But uh, Finneys window was open fully—
_____________________________________
Finneys small POV:
I was doing my homework, sitting on my bed with the window open, I enjoyed the breeze and the sound of birds once in awhile. I was calm, that was until I hear a loud boom, I jumped and screamed.
"FU-!" I looked to where my door was, I saw the paper right near my dresser. I groaned and got up.
"BILLY WHAT THE HECK?"
I heard Billy laugh and wave, I moved to my window and saw Griffin walking with him laughing, I was glad one of my best friends found someone as stupid as himself.
I decided to leave them be, this was a canon love moment.
_____________________________________
Back to griffin:
I smiled and gave Billy a high five and giving his dog a few scratches behind the ears before taking another paper and launching it, but uhm. The sprinklers turned on and sprayed all over it- terrible timing!
"Wasn't me..-" I said quietly, feeling bad that I practically ruined their newspaper with a terrible throw.
"Hey man, that happened to me all the time, don't sweat it okay Griff?" He placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled at me reassuringly.
I didn't realize how flustered I was but turns out it was enough for him to realize.
"Your face is a little red, are you cold? Sometimes my face gets cold and it turns a little red." He said obliviously.
"Oh uh, I don't feel cold! My cheeks just naturally get a little red outside." I smiled, hoping I played it off well.
"Oh, alright then!"
We smiled and continued our walk, still throwing newspapers.
Billy also showed me his favorite tree and climbed up in it. The way he spoke made my heart flutter, and unlike the others I couldn't deny my feelings. Yet today wasn't the day to confess.
"Cmonn, what are ya, scared of heights?" He smiled at me and took my hand, helping me up the tree, his dog let out a soft bark and sat down in the shade below, watching us while panting quietly.
I smiled down at the dog while still having grasp of Billy's rough hands, I liked his hands. Not in a weird way or anything. I just liked them, like I wanted to constantly see my own wrapped around his. We stayed in the spot for a little bit and he put a leaf in my hair.
"I'm officially Mother Nature." I said in a joking elegant voice while blowing the fake crowd a kiss and a pageant wave jokingly.
"All hail the new kinggggg!"
I smiled and felt a hand wrap around my waist. I figured it was a friendly gesture and assumed nothing of it, Billy set his head against my shoulder and looked towards the clouds, pointing out the ones that looked like they have a shape. I disagreed with him on some.
"No Billy, that's a alligator!"
"No it's not! How do you even see that!"
"How do you see a dog, you think every cloud is a dog at this point!"
"I do not!" He gasped dramatically, earning a light chuckle from me.
"You really like your dogs, don't you?"
"Yeah, their almost as good as you."
I smiled, knowing that I could be myself around him.
I wish I told him how I felt as we watched the clouds move and change, the soft breeze brushing the leafs and making them fall gracefully from their branches.

Today was a good day.
I smiled to myself, repeating it a few times as he took my hand again, tracing my knuckles softly.

GUYS I FINALLY DID IT. I GOT TO 1,000 WORDS HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LORD
ratty forehead kisses to you all

Make sure to vote on this or follow me if your feeling xtra generous, I enjoy making these stories and seeing people interact with them, it makes my day tbh
even if u comment a random letter I'll do a little jig.
Chris out👊
Insert mic drop.