3

-

-

The night air was cool against Hassan's flushed skin as he walked away from the party, his footsteps echoing in the quiet streets. His mind was a whirlwind of emotions, a mixture of regret, frustration, and confusion. He replayed the argument with Nata over and over again, each word like a stab to his conscience.

As he walked, he found himself retracing his steps through the memories of the evening. The image of Celine dancing and laughing with Nata gnawed at him, and he couldn't shake the feeling that he had let something precious slip through his fingers. His heart ached as he recalled the hurt in Celine's eyes when she had caught him with Valeria.

He reached his empty house, the lights inside casting a soft glow through the windows. Slumping onto his bed, he buried his face in his hands. The weight of his actions settled heavily on his chest.

The hours passed slowly, the night growing darker as Hassan wrestled with his thoughts and emotions. Eventually, exhaustion overtook him, and he drifted into a restless sleep.

-

As the girls entered Brenda's house after the party, Celine's mind was still a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions. Brenda and Fiona seemed to be in high spirits, replaying the events of the party and laughing about various encounters. Celine, on the other hand, remained unusually quiet, lost in her own thoughts. They gathered in Brenda's room, all taking different places to lay out for the night. The rest of her family already asleep.

Brenda nudged Celine playfully. "Hey, Earth to Celine! You've been awfully quiet. What's going on in that head of yours?"

Fiona chimed in, her voice teasing. "Yeah, spill the tea! Did you and Nata have a little moment on the dance floor? Are we switching teams now?"

Celine managed a faint smile at their attempts to lighten the mood. She shook her head, her gaze distant. "No, nothing like that."

Brenda and Fiona exchanged glances, their curiosity clearly piqued. "Come on, Celine, you can't fool us. We saw you two dancing together, and you were having a good time with him," Brenda prodded.

Celine sighed, feeling a mix of hesitation and vulnerability. She had always been the reserved one among her friends, and opening up about her feelings was something she wasn't entirely comfortable with. However, she knew that Brenda and Fiona were always there for her, no matter what.

"It's not about Nata," Celine finally admitted, her voice soft. "It's... it's about Hassan."

Brenda and Fiona exchanged surprised glances. "Hassan?" Fiona asked, her eyes widening.

Celine nodded, her cheeks tinged with a hint of embarrassment. "Yeah. But it's complicated. Things got... messed up."

Brenda and Fiona exchanged concerned looks, their playful demeanor fading as they sensed Celine's genuine distress. "What happened, Celine?" Brenda asked gently.