24

-

-

The week since Hassan's return had been a whirlwind of happiness for Celine. With him back home, the world seemed to regain its color, vibrant and alive once more. Every moment spent with him felt like a treasure, a precious gift she never wanted to let go of.

His birthday was a particularly special occasion. Celine had gone all out, decorating his house with colorful balloons and streamers, a homemade cake sitting proudly on the kitchen counter. As Hassan walked through the door, his eyes widened in surprise at the festive display, a wide grin spreading across his face.

"You didn't have to do all this," he said, his voice filled with genuine gratitude as he enveloped her in a tight hug.

"But I wanted to," Celine replied, her heart swelling with happiness at the sight of Hassan's joy. "You deserve to feel special today."

And special it was. They spent the day together, laughing and reminiscing. Hassan opened his presents, each one carefully chosen with love by Celine. The hours slipped by in a blur of laughter and affection, the love between them palpable in the air.

But the celebrations didn't end there. With Hassan back home, they fell into a comfortable routine, cherishing every moment they spent together. Hassan had landed a job at a restaurant nearby, it wasn't the best but it was something. Meanwhile, Celine had found her own place in the workforce, securing a job at a cozy cafe just down the street.

When their schedules aligned perfectly, allowing them to steal precious moments together even during the busiest of days. During Hassan's lunch breaks, he would often stroll into the cafe, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he sauntered up to the counter where Celine was working.

"Hola, hermosa," he would greet her with a playful wink, causing her cheeks to flush with warmth.

Celine would roll her eyes, a smile tugging at her lips despite herself. "Hi," her voice was soft and quiet as if she was embarressed that her coworkers would tease her for that later.

Their banter would continue as Celine showed Hassan her favorite drinks to make, each one crafted with care and precision. He would watch intently, a look of admiration in his eyes as she worked her magic behind the counter.

"Thank you," he would remark, leaning in close to steal a taste of the frothy concoction she had just whipped up.

Celine would swat him away with a playful grin, pretending to scold him for his impatience. But deep down, she cherished these moments with Hassan.

As he watched her work side by side, laughter and conversation flowing freely between them, Celine couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment wash over her. With Hassan by her side, she knew that everything would be okay.

After Hassan left to go back to work, Celine finished her shift, exchanging cheerful goodbyes with her coworker before heading home. As she stepped through the door, the comforting warmth of her family enveloped her, her mother's familiar voice greeting her with a smile.