9

-

-

Maricela was known for her hospitality, and that evening was no exception. She insisted on preparing the couch for Hassan to make sure he was comfortable for the night. Celine and Hassan watched her bustling around the living room, adding extra pillows and blankets to the couch.

Celine whispered to Hassan with a soft smile, "My mom really likes you."

Hassan chuckled. "I can tell, I told you she would." He winked at her, earning an eyeroll in return.

Once Maricela was satisfied with her preparations, she approached Hassan with a warm smile. "You should be all set here, Hassan. If you need anything during the night, don't hesitate."

Hassan thanked her and assured her that he would be fine. As Maricela headed to her room, she paused and turned back to them. "Goodnight, you two. Sleep well."

Celine and Hassan said their goodnights and watched Maricela disappear down the hallway. They then retreated to Celine's room, where Celine gave Hassan a shy smile.

As they entered Celine's room, she playfully instructed Hassan to turn around while she changed into her pajamas. Hassan couldn't resist teasing her with flirtatious comments.

"Are you sure you don't need any help over there?" he teased, a smirk on his face.

Celine laughed and shook her head, "I think I can manage, thank you."

After a few moments, Celine emerged in her pajamas. She came up behind Hassan and wrapped her arms around him, her lips gently pressing against his shoulder blade. Her voice was soft and filled with warmth as she expressed her feelings.

"I really enjoyed having you over tonight," she whispered. "And I love that my family likes you just as much as I do."

Hassan turned around in Celine's embrace, his gaze locked onto her eyes. His voice carried a sincere tone as he replied, "I'm glad they like me because I love being around all of you."

Celine smiled, her fingers gently tracing patterns on his back. "You know," she began, "I think you've officially won them over. My mom's not easy to impress."

Hassan chuckled, his fingers softly brushing a strand of hair away from her face. "What can I say?"

Celine laughed softly at his words, her heart fluttering. Leaning in, she pressed a soft, lingering kiss on his lips, savoring the warmth and tenderness of the moment.

As they pulled away, Hassan spoke softly, "I'm so lucky, Celine."

Celine's smile grew wider. "Me too, Hassan."

Celine took Hassan's hand and led him into the bathroom. She couldn't help but tease him with a playful grin. "Time for the skincare routine."

Hassan laughed, a twinkle in his eye. "Alright, teach me your secrets."