28

-

-

May 28th, 2021

The past two years had caused a lot of change for Hassan and Celine. After their trip to Los Angeles, their lives took an unexpected turn. Hassan's career rose to new heights as he signed with the record label El Cartel de Los Ángeles, an opportunity that transformed his passion for music into an actual career. He brought in the friends he made in New York and Los Angeles to form their group, Peso Pluma.

Hassan had not only signed with the label but had also released his first two albums, "Ah y Qué?" and "Efectos Secundarios." His music resonated with a small but growing fan base, leading to invitations for performances at parties and clubs, small concert venues, appearing across various places.

Despite the success, the road was not without its challenges. Hassan's busy schedule took him far and wide, from recording sessions in Sinaloa to Los Angeles and beyond. This constant travel created distance between him and Celine, who had started attending a local college upon their return from LA.

The separation took its toll on their relationship, causing occasional disagreements and emotional turbulence. They missed each other dearly, longing for the days when they could spend uninterrupted time together. Hassan's commitment to his music often meant sacrificing precious moments with Celine, leading to frustration and doubt.

They continued to support each other's dreams and aspirations, hoping that their bond would withstand the trials of distance and demanding schedules. Celine juggled her studies with attending Hassan's performances whenever possible, cherishing every opportunity to see him perform live.

Currently, Celine sat in her room surrounded by textbooks, notes, and her laptop open with her final assignment in progress. Her concentration broke when she heard a knock, assuming it was her mom, she casually called for her to come in. To her surprise, it was Hassan standing at her door, his presence instantly filling the room with familiarity.

"Hey," Hassan greeted her with a faint smile, his eyes scanning her room briefly before meeting hers.

Celine's heart fluttered at the sight of him; it had been two weeks since they last saw each other. She hurriedly got up from her chair, her eyes lighting up, "Hassan, I didn't know you were coming back today!"

He stepped into the room, the faint aroma of marijuana and his signature cologne trailing behind him. After their warm greetings, Hassan's expression turned slightly serious as he shared the reason for his early return. "There's a party tonight that my management wants me to attend. I was hoping you could come with me."

Celine's initial excitement waned as she glanced at her half-finished assignment on the screen. "I wish I could, Hassan, but I have this paper due tonight that I really need to finish," she explained with a hint of regret in her voice.