12

-

-

As Hassan gradually sobered up, they decided it was best to leave the party early. They made their way to his truck, and he carefully drove them back to his house. Celine sent a quick text to Brenda and Fiona, explaining that she wasn't feeling well and apologized for leaving early. She assured them that Nata would take them home, and both friends responded with understanding and messages of concern, sending her hearts in response.

Hassan glanced at Celine, his worry etched on his face. "Are you okay, amor?" he asked as they drove through the quiet streets.

Celine managed a weak smile, touched by his concern. "I'm fine, Hassan. Just need some rest and a clear head. We'll talk about it later, okay?"

Hassan nodded, his grip on the steering wheel tight with residual guilt. He knew they had a lot to discuss, but for now, all he wanted was to make sure Celine felt safe and cared for.

They arrived at Hassan's house, the quietness of the night enveloping them. He led her inside, taking her hand, and they made their way to his room. His parents were already asleep, unaware of their late-night return, so there were no worries about disturbing them. As they entered his room, Celine let out an exhausted sigh and simply collapsed onto his bed.

Hassan chuckled, watching her with a warm affection. "You need to get more comfortable before you sleep, Celine," he suggested, concern still lingering in his eyes. He moved to his dresser, opening a drawer and retrieving one of his t-shirts and a pair of her sleep shorts he kept at his place just in case. "Here," he said, handing them to her. "Change into these."

Celine mustered a grateful smile, appreciating his thoughtfulness even in the midst of their complicated evening. She changed into the comfortable clothes he provided, feeling a sense of security in his presence.

As she settled back into the bed, Hassan climbed in beside her, wrapping his arms around her protectively. The weight of their unspoken conversation hung in the air, but for now, they sought solace in each other's presence, finding comfort in the warmth of their embrace.

As they lay in the quiet darkness, the world outside seemed to fade away, leaving only the gentle rhythm of their breaths and the reassuring warmth of their bodies intertwined. 

After a while, Hassan broke the silence, "I'm sorry muñequita." His voice soft and filled with remorse as he once again apologized for the night's events. 

"I shouldn't have drank that much. If I was aware of who it was I promise I would have pushed her away immediately." The weight of his actions weighing heavily on him.

Celine listened, her heart aching for the man beside her who had clearly been affected by their earlier ordeal. She stayed silent for a moment, processing her thoughts before finally responding in a hushed tone, "Hassan, it's okay. I understand that you were really drunk, and that girl was... well, she was definitely taking advantage of the situation."