i.iii

Florence followed Alice and her siblings in her own car, and she was in awe, to say the least. The Cullen house was located in the woods and looked completely different from those in the town. There were black and dark wood walls, some of them had windows from floor to ceiling. It was obviously worth a lot of money and was far from town, giving them a break from society and people.

Florence followed Alice into the house, where the smell of fresh muffins immediately greeted her, and it made her build an appetite. Alice couldn't help but laugh and pull her towards the kitchen when Florence's stomach growled a little. "This is Esme, our mother for all intents and purposes." Alice introduced Florence to a woman besides the oven, who was undeniably breath-taking, just like the rest of the family.

Esme turned around from the oven, "It's a pleasure to meet you, you must be Florence. I've heard lots about you." She smiled at the girl.

"All good things, I hope. It's lovely to meet you too, Mrs Cullen." Florence felt rather sheepish at this moment. And fed up with herself - as, yet again, she felt a pull to her new friends' motherly figure. She made Florence feel exactly as the others did when they first laid eyes on each other, all warm and tingly within.

"Call me Esme, Mrs Cullen's too formal and makes me feel ancient." Esme insisted, Mrs Cullen sounded wrong, as it seems like something you'd call your friend's parents when you first meet them, rather than what your soulmate calls you.

"If you say so, and you're not ancient, you look far from it." Florence dismissed, which made Alice and Esme share a look. Both seemed like they were holding in laughter over some inside joke, which they were - vampires.

Florence turned to see Carlisle standing there "Carlisle!" She wouldn't deny she had missed him, and she couldn't just turn up at the hospital with a fake injury to see him, or go to his office and say 'Hey Carlisle, I met you once but missed you so much I had to come see you'. Could she? No. Well, she could, but she wouldn't. It'll seem a bit obsessive in her opinion.

Carlisle greeted her with a hug, he had missed her a bit too. "Florence, how have you been? I saw her at the hospital last week, her dad brought her along since she wasn't feeling well." Carlisle asked, the latter was to Alice and Esme to explain how they've met before.

"When the kids said you'd be coming over, I made a couple of muffins, they're blueberry if that's okay." Esme brought out the muffins from the oven. The aroma they caused became much stronger as they got taken out and placed in front of Florence.

"Okay? They're my favourite." Florence smiled brightly at the sight. The other vampires in the room felt elated watching their mate get this excited over a tray of muffins.

Esme opened her mouth to speak, but was disrupted when Alice dragged Florence out of the kitchen to give her a tour of the house. When their skin first touched, a minor shiver ran down Florence's spine at the temperature of Alice's skin - as cold as ice. It didn't affect Florence in any way, if anything she found it soothing. She was simply worried at why she was so cold.

Finally, we ended at the living room. Rosalie and Emmett were sat in there. Emmett was reading the back of his new game to see if it was any good, while Rosalie had just put away her last homework and switched to a magazine.

Florence sat opposite Rosalie, and got out some of her work. Alice said she'd help her with. "I'll be back in 5 minutes or so. I'm going to find Jasper, so you two can meet each other." Rosalie went to say something in protest, but stopped when she saw Florence sitting there. The only time she met Jasper was across the hall in lunch when Jessica did her speech about the Cullens, and she had that feeling she'd had with the rest she'd met so far.

Florence began doing the things she could do, and highlighted what looked like gibberish to her, which was the majority of it.

Esme came in with the plate of muffins and placed them on the coffee table for Florence. "They've cooled down a bit more, help yourself." She smiled warmly, but her expression changed when she heard Emmett on his game.

Almost every other word was just cussing out random things as he kept getting defeated, "What have I told you about your language?" Esme scolded, followed by a disapproving look, one that Florence received one too many times when her mother tells off her.

"You need to teach me how to make these, they're the best I ever had!" Florence practically moaned at the taste of them, "But don't tell my mum I said that." She pointed to the three Cullens in the room jokingly.

Alice came into the room, dragging Jasper behind her. He knew what Florence was to everyone, including himself. And he's scared one accidental move would end up with Florence injured or worse. And he knows he'd never forgive himself for it, neither would anyone else.

"Florence, meet Jasper. Jasper, meet Florence." Alice stopped besides the sofa opposite the girl, opting to keep some distance just in case. Florence's scent hit Jasper, and he didn't feel any temptations to drink every ounce of blood within her, it made him relax knowing that he wasn't a major risk to her life. The whole family watched him visibly relax and get more comfortable, like he is when there's no humans around.

"Sorry, I haven't been able to actually have a conversation with you." Jasper broke the silence first. The family's nerves felt more at ease, knowing Jasper wouldn't cave and kill her in the middle of the living room floor.

"It's fine, you seem tense at school." Florence spoke, and they seemed wary that she'd find out - like Bella did. "But, I get it, I'm not the biggest fan of being surrounded by hundreds of sweaty teenagers either." She momentarily paused.

"You can say that again." Jasper laughed. He never understood why he had to go to school with such poor control, but Carlisle claimed it was to help with it, as he'd be building up his control everyday for five days a week.

Everyone got comfortable, Carlisle went to his office for a while to finish any work that needed to be done. Jasper joined Emmett on the console, before eventually switching to movies they've yet to watch. Alice attempted to help Florence understand the subject, but it was no use. So, they recruited Esme, who left to do some cleaning, and then Rosalie. But it was like teaching a dog who's never been housetrained to suddenly stop peeing within the house.

Emmett, who eventually got bored of the movie, decided to take Florence's work, look through it while running with it at a human pace. "Emmett, give it back. I need it!" Florence whined, and sat back down, waiting for him to get bored and return it.

During their chaos, Carlisle had come down to see what was happening and stood besides Esme, a hand around her waist. They relished in the two's childish behaviour. "You can't do it, so I'm taking a little peek." He slowed to standing there, and continued to flip through it.

"Exactly why I need it." Florence groaned, he liked to do this to wind her up occasionally in English, and he'd sit there and act innocent, while she'd frantically look for something and would ask someone for another if it was a pen etc.

Out of instinct, from when Milo did this to Florence at home, she sped over to him and took it back. When she walked back to the sofa, they were all stared at her. Making her replay what happened in her head. Oh shit.

"You saw that?" She face planted myself mentally, 'How the fuck could I expose myself like that? My family like this? I'm absolutely stupid'. She rambled internally.

"I guess the cat's out of the bag." Florence joked slightly, she was beyond her wit right now, she was clueless on how she could explain herself about this.

Everyone had now migrated to the sofas. Emmett was besides Rosalie, and Esme by him. Carlisle was perched on the edge. And Jasper moved more comfortable besides Florence. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, we're like that too." Emmett broke the silence, earning a death glare from Rosalie, and a smack across the back of the head.

"Huh?" Florence was definitely confused now if she wasn't before.