i.vi

Some time had passed, and Florence's relationship with the Cullen's only grew stronger and closer. If she wasn't at home, she was likely in the big secluded house in the forest she adored so much.

Florence had slept over a few times at their house, never on a school night, as she didn't trust her to get ready on time. But with her father's help, they persuaded Rue to let Florence stay the night, with school the next day. But if she's even one minute late, it wouldn't happen again. That night was last night.

A few days before, Florence learned more about mates in more depth per her request. But, she also found out about her being some sort of shared mate to the coven, and they didn't have much information on it. She discovered why she had those feelings, but decided to not tell them about Edward.

All of this did overwhelm Florence. She left the house in seconds and laid on a branch in the trees. It was so much to take in at once, and she felt immense pressure not to screw anything up, as they were fated to be with each other for eternity.

Florence woke up to the sun beaming through the bedroom windows, which was a rare occurrence within the town of Forks. She didn't care, as she had something called her daylight necklace. The necklace had two parts fused together, one being what protects her from frying in the sunlight, and the other that let her control when she shifted better.

But, as she rolled over to grab her necklace, it wasn't there. Her exposed skin, the light sizzled slightly, and faint smoke appeared. She hid under the blanket in sheer panic. Florence stuck to the shaded parts of the bedroom and closed every curtain. Since this house had walls of windows, she felt scared to leave the room. But she couldn't stay locked up in a bedroom all day.

As stealthy as she could, she sped down the stairs and into the living room. Remaining in the shade. "What's wrong?" Jasper asked as he stepped into the light. Any exposed skin became shiny like a disco ball.

"My necklace. I can't leave without it. It's got our family crest on the front, the one I always wear." Florence groaned. She looked at the people around the room, and Bella was with Edward. She looked like she was up to something. She never liked Florence, but she wouldn't go this far, would she?

"What's so important about the necklace?" Esme asked and began helping me look.

"It's spelled, everyone in my family has one, but for my parents it's their wedding ring. Without it, I'm like a nightwalker." Florence answered, she felt it hard to navigate, as the windows in this room lacked curtains, she felt trapped.

"Nightwalker?" Emmett questioned, never hearing this term before.

"With my kind, all vampires cannot go in the sun, therefore, nightwalker. But if you use a specific spell on an object and wear it, you can go in the daylight too." Florence explained. They gave her questioning looks, she attempted to explain it a few times, but some remained puzzled.

So, she stuck her hand in front of the window. Her hand and wrist started sizzling, steam rose from the skin. "Because I'm an original, it wouldn't kill me. Just torture me as I turn into a ball of flames." She pulled her arm back into the shade and shook it slightly.

Florence looked at Bella, who was already glaring at her, with a faint smirk on her face. Unable to hide all of it. Florence appeared in front of her and held her hand against her throat, pinning her against a wall, but not hard enough to kill her.

"Where the fuck is it? You've always had a problem with me, and you look as if you're up to no good. So, I know, you've put it somewhere." Florence raised her voice in Bella's face, one of her arms trying to push Florence off her, the other flailed slightly trying to hit her in the head.