iii.v

It was like Florence had come down with something, and it was bad. At first, it started at home. Her parents were away for their anniversary. It started at the end of the school day, before a half term. It only got worse further into the night, so Milo and Florence took her to the Cullen's to see if Carlisle would know anything about it.

Now, Florence was on the sofa, she was in excruciating pain. Esme was at her side, placing a cold, wet cloth over her forehead. "It'll be okay, love. You'll feel better soon." Esme mumbled.

That day consisted of Florence sleeping or awake in pure agony, and Esme spending every moment at her side, watching for any changes in her illness. Although, she would never expect her world to crash down on her like it does in the next few minutes.

Everyone had gotten home from hunting, and Carlisle from work as soon as possible. Carlsile finished work earlier when he found out about Florence's worsening state. "I thought you can hear my heartbeat?" She questioned at the sight of some medical equipment.

"We can." He stated and continued placing things onto the table in front of her.

"Then why do you need that?" Florence pointed to the stethoscope in his hands.

"Just helps it clearer, and for your lungs, just a listen." He sat behind her and told her to take a deep breath, "That's good." He mumbled and made Florence sit back normally.

He dropped something and leaned over Florence to grab it, but froze. The blonde doctor slowly pulled away and stared at her, "Lie down." He stacked two pillows and helped her adjust. He lifted the shirt, and pressed a cold ear to Florence's stomach.

"Carlisle, you're freaking me out. What's happening?" She rambled, he doesn't act like this usually.

"You're pregnant."

Those two words silenced the entire room. But, Florence burst out laughing, "Check your ears. You guys are vampires, can't get people pregnant." She regained her breath from the laughing fit.

"And neither can you." Emmett added.

"Actually I can, half werewolf bit." Florence responded.

"Fuck!" Carlisle cried out and buried his face into his hands. Like Florence said, very out of character.

"What aren't you telling me Carlisle?" Her tone becoming serious. He glanced at the other vampires.

"Heard of immortal children?" He spoke, and they looked remorseful, which made Florence feel even more scared.

"An immortal child is a child turned into a vampire, and there are a few occurrences of half-human, half-vampire children. They are like an immortal child, except less dangerous, and they have the looks of a human, but they have an exponential growing rate. People have confused them with immortal children, and it's resulted in everyone involved's death." He explained, refusing to look Florence in the eye. "A lot of the time, these children claw their way out of the mother, and she never makes it." He added.

"Great, so I'm a super rare coven mate, and having a super rare baby and pregnancy. Just my fucking luck." Florence groaned, "Although, I'm not human, not one bit. Half vampire and half werewolf, so maybe, just maybe, this is again different. I won't end up like the other mothers, and neither will my baby." She looked up at him with hopeful eyes.

"Whose do you think it could be?" Esme questioned, but was met with everyone shrugging, and complete silence. They got up to many things during that vacation. Florence placed a hand on her stomach and let herself zone everything else out. She heard the heartbeat within her and smiled faintly at it.

She's pregnant.

Holy shit, she's pregnant.

"Carlisle." Florence snapped her head up to him, "Tell me everything about this pregnancy, do not spare even the slightest detail." Everyone stopped bickering and stared at Florence.

"You can't seriously be considering this? You will most likely die." Edward spat.

"I'm an original hybrid, can't die that easy. And you don't get a word nor opinion, especially if you've ignored me and chose her." Florence retorted.

"I know what you are, but God knows what this thing can do to you." He took a step closer to Florence.

Rose blocked him, "That thing is a baby. An innocent baby, so either be of some help, or leave. The door's right there." She snarled.

"Carlisle?" She looked back over at him.

"There's rumours of only two cases, one in the Ticuna tribe of Brazil, and another in Africa, but I've never found out where. I doubt many people know about it, especially the volturi." Carlisle took a pause.

"Why not the volturi, I thought they knew everything?" Florence slowly felt a rise of panic, only two cases out of the 7 billion people on this earth, plus hundreds of years of possibilities. Jasper sped to her side and took her hand, which made Florence begin to feel slightly more at ease. Key word, slightly.

"They can, but if they found out, these pregnancies would be prevented and had a stop put to them immediately. These children are different. They look human, but have the speed, the strength, the beauty and sometimes the abilities of a vampire. And other traits neither could have." He explained cautiously.

After a moment of silence, he continued, "But Flo, you have to know, you could become extremely ill and possibly die. This could be dangerous, and we cannot lose you." Carlisle stated sadly.

Florence didn't understand what concept of only one thing being able to kill her.

Based off all of their faces, she could tell their opinions. Edward hated the idea, Alice wasn't fond and wanted to prioritise Florence. Rosalie and Esme wanted to keep it, but would respect her decision regardless. Emmett was between both, but understood where Rosalie was coming from and leaning towards that idea. Then Carlisle and Jasper helped while trying to talk her out of it. It was confusing, to say the least.