ii.v

Unfortunately, Victoria made an appearance in the gloomy town of Forks again. Florence volunteered to help hunt Victoria. Not because she was after Bella, but because she hated the trouble the red-head caused and felt like ripping her head off.

Before the hunts began, Laurent appeared to Bella to see if she was still under the Cullen's protection, which she wasn't. But Laurent ended up getting chased, and murdered, by the wolves. This was before Bella found out about the wolves and the reservation, so she told her father immediately, and a search was then put out for these wolves.

During one of these hunts, Bella's father - Chief Charlie Swan - held the search party around the same time. Harry Clearwater was one of these people, and since he knew about the wolves and what they were. He helped clear any tracks left behind to help protect the pack. But Victoria attacked him, and induced a heart attack.

There was only one way to kill Florence - an original hybrid. Was with a particular kind of wooden stake, that she did not have access to. Nor did she know where they were. So, when she felt like she was at her end and wanted to cave to her feelings. She couldn't.

Instead, she'd pump herself full of drugs, sometimes vervain - her weakness. Just to give her some peace for a while. Not that anyone knew about it, and she ensured they never will.

Florence was currently slumped against a tree trunk. She was fading in and out of conscienceless, and sometimes like these, she wished she was human, rather than immortal. Unfortunately for her, she's yet to tell Adriana about that being her only way out of this life.

So, when some of the pack stumbled across Florence, who was slumped over unresponsive. Adriana was there, and she panicked to say the least. "I've got her." Sam pulled his younger sister back, and carried Florence in his arms to take back home.

Florence came back around before she got home, and insisted she could walk herself (with Sam's aid once she proved herself wrong). A familiar black car came into Florence's view. "Carlisle." She muttered, and went to run over, only to be held back by Sam. "Let go of me. If they're here, I need to know. I have a right." Florence pulled herself out of his grip.

After some more pleading, Sam allowed it. But insisted he stay in the treeline in case she needed help. "Go help out at Harry's place. It'll be more useful. If I need something, I'll call." Florence suggested, and ran into her house.

Florence slowly walked into her home, she searched around and froze when she saw the outline of a person. "Alice?" She called out. Seconds later, a stone hard force collided with her body.

"Flo." Alice held a tight grip onto Florence, as if it was the last time they'd see each other again. Florence couldn't help but feel the immense joy when she was in Alice's arm. As much as she wanted to hate her at the moment, and that family. It felt impossible.

"Wait, why are you back? And why now?" Florence pulled back from the hug.

"I thought you died. I saw a vision of you in the forest, you looked dead as anything on the floor. I had to see for myself." Alice looked up at Florence, venom pooled the pixies eyes, never able to leave.

"It was drugs. It can't kill me, but it made me a bit drowsy and knocked me out." Florence explained, and the reaction was not one she expected. She got yelled at, a lot. Alice was shouting at how she was an idiot for starting that, and how careless it was.

"Did you tell them about it?" Florence dared to ask.

"Yes. We all agreed I should come down in case the vision changed. But Edward doesn't know." Alice explained.

"I keep seeing you guys, but you're like a mist and disappear afterwards. Edward's one of those too. Why him?" Florence questioned.

"Because he's your mate. He's coming around more to the idea, but we don't speak to him often. He stays in Rio most of the time, and calls once a month. He doesn't know what to do, her blood blinds him, and thinks you hate him." Alice answered and took a deep breath, "He thinks he's lost any chance of getting the happiness the rest of the family and I have." She added.