ii.iii

Since that night, Florence has refused to leave her room again. If leaving her room meant facing Adriana. Facing that night. She'd like to avoid it at all costs. "Can I come in?" Rue's voice was heard from the other side of the door.

"Sure." Florence mumbled and rolled back over in her bed. She heard the door creak open, before feeling a dip in the bed besides her. Florence looked back to see her parents there.

"What's wrong? You don't see Adriana anymore, why?" Rue asked softly, she had her hand on Florence's head, gently stroking her hair like she did when Florence was little.

"I don't want to talk about it." Florence groaned at the mention of the little wolf, well shifter.

"She helped you get better, you became much happier with her after the past few months. She may not be the best influence, but she helped my little girl." Jackson spoke, sitting opposite Rue. As much as they didn't approve of what Florence did, it wouldn't harm her, as she was already dead, and it brought Florence out of her great depression. "Did you fall out?" He added after.

"No, I just can't see her at the moment." Florence whispered and looked up at her mother with sad eyes. At this point, she felt like crying.

"She didn't hurt you or do anything then?" He continued pestering, and it began to irritate the teenager.

"Just leave it, I can't face them." Florence spat, the last part slipping out unintentionally.

"Them?" Rue asked, her face looked anxious but angry simultaneously.

"The Cullens." Florence sighed, knowing they'd never drop the subject otherwise, and it would bug the living hell out of her.

"They're back?" Dad questioned. Jackson liked Carlisle, he respected the family, as they hadn't done anything wrong. Until they left. When they left town, they took Florence's heart along with them. Their sudden move out of town disrupted many aspects of the teenager's life, as she sunk into a pit of depression. He held that against them, and wanted to hurt her lovers, like they hurt his daughter.

"No. Me and Adriana... I saw Jasper the other night, he was like a ghost, but faded once we-" Florence stopped herself from explaining what led to me seeing them.

"What were you two doing?" Rue questioned, wondering why her daughter suddenly became rather secretive. Florence looked between her parents and back at Rue. "If you don't mind, darling, I think this might be a private talk." Rue turned to Jackson with a smile, sensing that her daughter felt awkward explaining it.

"Of course, as long as no one hurt you." He looked at Florence for the last part. He kissed their foreheads and left the room, closing the door behind him.

Once Jackson left, Rue turned back to Florence, "Did you have sex?" She raised an eyebrow at her and took the silence as her answer, "Well, I guess she can't get you pregnant, and she's a nice girl." Rue continued, mainly to herself. But the Cullen's can't get Florence pregnant either. They're fucking vampires, but not like the Clarkes.

"No! Well, almost." Florence mumbled.

"Explain what happened, I won't judge." She spoke softly, it was more of a demand than an offer anyway.

"We were... well, making out, and I looked over to see Jaz in the corner of the room. They just stared. Then Jaz said something, but when I looked back they were gone, it was like smoke as it faded. I'm just now starting to get over them, why is this happening?" Florence explained as tears slowly trickled down her cheeks.

"Talk to Adriana. She might think she did something wrong and freaked you out, explain what happened that night." Rue said before leaving. As much as Florence would hate to admit it, she was right. But Florence thought Adriana would see her as a weirdo or be pissed that the Cullen's are appearing like that. A white lie never hurt anybody, right?

Florence rushed to the Reservation. Leah and Seth were bickering about something random again, and Florence went to go past, but was stopped. "What do you think you're doing here?" Leah blocked her from going towards Adriana's house.

"I need to see her." Florence looked at her as she blocked the way.

"She doesn't want to see you after what you did." Leah spat. Florence just pushed past her and ran towards the house. Leah's lovely once you got to know her, and they did get along. But one thing Florence loved about her was how she defended her friends and pack, even when unnecessary, she still did it. Although that girl knew how to hold a grudge.

"Go away Florence." Adriana said from the corner of her bed.

"I have to explain, I feel bad. You didn't do anything. I just had to let you know-"

"Yeah, 'It's not you, it's me' cut the bullshit." She spat, cutting Florence off.

"It's not bullshit, I wish I could explain, but I don't even know how. I thought I saw someone in the corner of the room, then they vanished into thin air. It freaked me out and I bolted." Adriana rolled her eyes at Florence's response.

"If you don't like me, you could just tell me, instead of making shit excuses." She looked back down at the notebook in her hands. Florence sat beside her in the bed.

"Please Ads, it's not bullshit." She pleaded softly.

"How can I believe you?" She questioned. Fair point. Adriana opened her mouth to say something again, but Florence put her notebook to the side and pulled her in for a deep kiss.

They pulled apart, and in the corner of Florence's eye she saw a glimpse off Emmett and Edward slowly fade away. Why the fuck is Edward there this time? She stuffed down all her panic to avoid making Adriana feel like shit again.

"Enough proof for you?" Florence smiled at her, trying hard to ignore what she just saw, and Adriana's usual self returned quickly. They sat together in her room for an hour or two. But most of the time Florence had one thing on her mind. Why was she seeing them? Why now? Does this mean something, or is her mind fucking with her to say that she's not capable of loving anyone else?

It was all too confusing for Florence, she couldn't cope with this and didn't know what it meant. So she made a decision. She's gonna take her sister far away for her parents to not listen and practically trauma dump on her. It'd make Florence feel better having someone to talk to this about, rather than keeping it all to herself.