i.viii

The previous night, Florence had to sit down with her family. First, she explained the Cullen's being a kind of vampire called the 'Cold Ones'. Which apparently her father already knew about and told Rue, but decided not to tell the siblings.

She told them about having a soul connection to them all. And she was their mate. Her parents weren't too fond of this at first, but grew to understand when Florence explained it better. Didn't mean they liked it anymore.

The whole night, the family did shifts to ensure the house remained safe from the nomad vampires. Florence's parents ensured always one of them did the shifts, as they feared the kids wouldn't be able to defend themselves.

Florence woke up the next morning, her phone vibrating itself off the desk. "He's dead. We killed James, Bella's in hospital though, Edward almost killed her." Rosalie's voice came through her phone, giving a brief run-down of the event.

"I'll be there in five." Florence yawned, and ended the call. She forced herself to crawl out of bed and sped towards their house. When she got there, she collapsed on the sofa. She felt too tired to deal with this now.

Florence began falling asleep, so Carlisle carried her upstairs to be more comfortable than staying on the sofa. As he was about to leave, she gripped onto his sleeve, "Stay. Please?" She muttered Carlisle laughed slightly at her sleepiness, but accepted. When he was sure she was fast asleep, he snuck away to go back downstairs for a while, replacing his spot with a pillow. "That girl could fall asleep anywhere in seconds." He rejoined his family.

When they decided to hunt for a while, Carlisle returned to Florence in bed, who woke up not long later. "It's only us home at the moment, what's going on with you and Edward?" Carlisle asked, tucking a stray hair behind her ear, "There's a tension between you two lately." He added.

Florence sat up and looked down at him. She was debating whether she should tell him or not. But if it was this obvious, maybe she should. "That feeling I had with all of you - you said was the mate bond. I had it with him too, and I know he felt it. The way he looked at me, he just avoided being around me or looking at me half of the time." Florence told him.

"So Edward's also your mate?" Carlisle clarified.

"I'm 99% sure." She looked down at my hands.

"I'll talk to them, then we can all figure out what to do with Edward. They should be coming through the door any minute now." Carlisle said. They could hear Emmett messing around on their way back in the distance.

When they got back, we sat down downstairs. Edward was at the hospital watching over Bella, obviously. "What's wrong Carlisle?" Esme questioned.

Right before he answered, Alice got sucked into a vision. When it was over, she looked at Florence, then around the room, "Oh." She wasn't sure what to say, but Florence was pretty sure she can guess what the vision was about.

Carlisle explained it for Florence, knowing she wasn't that comfortable talking about it. "Of course he chooses his bloodsinger over his mate. He's so fucking stupid." Rosalie spat.

Ever heard of the saying, speak of the devil, and he shall appear. Well Edward walked in. "Bella woke up, she's okay at the moment." Edward spoke, not that anyone asked, nor cared.

Florence laughed quietly to myself and blinked back tears. She couldn't go through this shit and felt an overwhelming urge to leave, "What's funny?" Edward questioned defensively.

"I-" Florence started, but the laughing got worse. "I'm sorry." Florence got out through the laughter and couldn't stop it, "Let's just forget the conversation." She shook my head and left.

Some short time later, prom had come around. Florence got the opportunity to dance with each of her mates - par Edward. Thankfully, they never told him how he was being idiotic for abandoning his mate, for his bloodsinger. They would've told him, if Florence hadn't told them not to until she was ready. "Have I told you how beautiful you are Rose?" Florence asked as they danced. Rosalie pulled away and grabbed Florence's waist.

"Me? Flo, look at yourself. The amount of people who stared at you tonight so far is a lot," Rosalie laughed as she admired Florence.

"I think Emmett wants to dance with you." Rosalie smiled, pecking Florence's cheek, before twirling her away into Emmett's arms. "Rose isn't wrong, you're absolutely breathtaking." He smiled down at his mate. His muscular physique made Florence look minuscule in his arms.

"How about the three of us leave for a while, we have a surprise for you." Emmett spoke, kissing her forehead when she agreed. He signalled for Rose to follow them. Together, they had walked to the forest, and they took Florence to a smallish tent with lights strung around it. There was a campfire in the middle, and a picnic blanket with a bunch of snacks, even though they couldn't eat.

"Thought we'd spoil you for tonight." Emmett shrugged, "We haven't had many moments alone, and you deserve this, plus more." He added. They spent the remainder of the night learning everything they possibly could about another. Well Rosalie and Emmett already knew each other like the back of their hands.

So, it was time for them to be the same with Florence, vice versa. Florence didn't want to sleep at all that night. She enjoyed this moment way too much to let it end so soon. So that's what they did. They stayed up till the early hours of the morning talking away, and Florence practically devoured the picnic basket.