i.iv

"So you're vampires too? All of you?" Florence questioned, this was the last thing she expected tonight.

"You're a vampire?" Emmett questioned. When he said they're the same, he meant the running. He never would've assumed Florence to be a vampire.

"Born and raised, weren't you? Although your lot is different, I can tell." Florence answered, she was confused why she could never hear their heartbeat, and other traits she and her family have. She knew they were far from human, but couldn't figure out what exactly.

"You have a heartbeat, blood in your veins." Jasper interjected, as far as the Cullens were concerned, Florence was your regular human. But they were far from correct.

"It's weird for me that you don't. Since I met Carlisle, I've been trying to figure out what you were." She stated.

"Carlisle saved us when we were near death and turned us into vampires. We had to adjust to an animal diet, which explains our eye colour. I'm the newest to the diet." Jasper spoke on behalf of everyone else.

"Wait, animals?" Florence questioned them, she would rather die than eat that instead.

"What else would you eat? Blood makes us uncontrollable and crazed." Esme asked.

"No, I feed off people." Florence stated, as if it were the most usual thing ever, but the family were confused.

"I think I've read of your kind, it's a different kind of vampire." Carlisle said. Florence and the Cullen's went over the differences between the two vampire species. The conversation dragged out a bit, but neither cared. They were more interested in learning all of these new things

"How were you born like that? Vampires can't reproduce." Rosalie questioned. She felt desperate, thinking there was a way for her to have a baby, her one desire she has had her entire life.

"Perks of a hybrid I guess, half vampire, half wolf." Florence shrugged and their faces dropped when she mentioned wolf, like it was illegal to mention.

"I didn't think this was even possible. Can you explain?" Carlisle questioned, he'd briefly read about them after his stay at Volterra. There wasn't much about them, and he thought they were a myth. Especially the ability to have a wolf-vampire hybrid.

"Both of my parents were born as werewolves, I guess you'd call them that. But my dad is a couple hundred years old. He met this woman when he was about thirty, and fell in love with her - she was a witch." Florence paused to let them understand how it started, and looked around to see them nodding at her to continue.

"He left her for my mother, and for revenge, she cursed them both, and he became an original hybrid. Because of the werewolf half, he could still have kids. They had my brother, then a year later me and my sister." Florence explained.

"So are you hybrids or just vampires?" Rosalie questioned.

"Our parents refuse to see if we have the werewolf gene and don't want the curse to set in. But if we are, then we're original hybrids. If not, just original vampires, not bitten to turn, but born like it." Florence answered, "We can also compel people to do what we'd like, so we drink enough, then make them forget. But it took a while to learn when you took enough blood." She added.

They looked slightly taken back. Florence had no intention of scaring them in any way, or leading to this pushing them away. "Curse?" Alice hesitated, she wasn't scared of Florence's nature, just that being cursed didn't sound like a good thing.

"So, as far as I'm aware, only witch can do this. It's hard to find the spell, let alone the stuff for it. When a wolf is turned into a vampire, the werewolf side disappears until you kill someone. It's the worst pain you ever feel, where every bone in your body breaks over again until they're in place again, and you'll be a wolf. You can turn between the two whenever, but it takes a while to gain control on phasing painlessly." Florence told them.