3 | behave nicely

chapter : 03
behave nicely

━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━k a b i r━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━
k a b i r
━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━

"How am I supposed to help you with that?" I slump back on my chair, resisting the urge to rake my fingers through my already set hair. I had decided to come in a little early and finish my work before we had to leave for the party.

The benefit of having an apartment near the office area is that it saves you so much commutation time. I live in a luxurious duplex apartment, overlooking the Arabian Sea, a location nearby my workplace.

"It's not my fault you popped the question out of nowhere and are not ready to accept no for an answer." Noor's exasperated voice comes from the other side. It's well past five in the evening, and most have left for home.

My phone rests on my desk peacefully with her voice reverberating in the entire room due to the speaker mode. I had thought to finish up some files but this lady acts as if there's a mission up her sleeve to destroy my work balance.

"Noor." I sigh loudly. "How would I know if a red saree goes well with a black blouse? I. Don't. Know. Google it."

"It's maroon!"

"Noor."

"Sir. Black or Maroon?"

"I'm working. Bye. It's already thirty minutes past five, I hope you aren't going to be tardy again." I cut the call, silencing it and diving back into the portfolios.

It's an important season for companies like us, we will be soon hiring recruits and I need to sieve only the best for my firm. I scan through the documents, circling and making notes of the additional pointers to be included.

The ticking of the wall clock hung on the wall is the only sound I hear until I am done with my work. I close my laptop, pack it, and organise my table so that it's clean and tidy for tomorrow. After a quick trip to the washroom, I freshen up and adjust my coat and tie properly.

Even though it's a birthday party, my grandfather is a thorough businessman. After the death of my parents when I was only eight, it was he who took me under his wings. Nurtured and cared for me. Grew me into a capable, independent man.

I owe my entire life to my grandfather, all my values and ethics, my business traits, I have picked up seeing him. He had retired some years ago, handing me my shares and his, making me the highest shareholder of the company but then there's a tricky twist.