22 | staking claim

chapter : 22
staking claim

chapter : 22staking claim

heey!! well. this chapter? enjoye ;)

if we get the avg vote counts and comments, i promise to post the next chapter way before Wednesday, it's already written ;)

happy reading!

well someone suggested me to put vote targets so here we go trying this method as well. XD

65 votes

━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━
k a b i r
━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━

She is fucking angry?

The moment our house clicks open, she shrugs her shoulders and hurtles her way inside. She stomps her feet angrily making her way to her room.

I throw the car keys, settling myself on a beanbag, in the living room. I bring the laptop kept on the coffee table closer, placing it on the pillow over my lap. I was working when she had finally replied to my text messages and left immediately.

I try focussing but to no avail. My mind keeps wandering to the images of Noor and that pest. He keeps flittering around her. Keeps stealing glances whenever she isn't looking. I am pretty sure he had ulterior motives when he offered to drop her home.

Even today while they were voted badly, he still had a smile on his face. A chance to spend more time with my wife. The potluck went longer than it was planned, even then, he kept talking to her.

Seeing him be so unhinged with my Noor, I almost stormed into the room, wanting to separate his hand from her shoulder.

My Noor?

I am not even bothering to conceal my feelings.

She doesn't realise this but I can sense the way he looks at her. That's how I look at her. Stealing peeks whenever she isn't paying attention.

In the past month, she had managed to gently conquer and capture my mind, soul and...hea— No. Her being unapologetically herself, her silly habits, and her ready-to-fight attitude, have cast a spell on me.

I detest how she keeps her clothes unfolded in the cupboard, I detest how she has her snarky remarks always ready, I detest how she goes crazy for her favourite show and I absolutely detest the way she is pulling me deep into this trench of emotions.