16 | strong decisions

chapter : 16
strong decisions

hey! somethings first,i had put a message on my board yesterday but incase you missed it, i wanted to let you all know that this book was written with an intention of being a little fast paced

i had put a message on my board yesterday but incase you missed it, i wanted to let you all know that this book was written with an intention of being a little fast paced. this doesn't mean, i am going to let loose strands. it is all going to be tied well together. just faster paced than a normal book.

do follow me on wattpad as i ll keep dropping some spoilers and announcements regarding the updates.

also,
if we do cross the average votes and comments, i'll publish one more chapter today. :)

happy reading!

━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━
n o o r
━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━

Tick or treat?

Standing in front of the tiny polished wall that separates Kabir's and my home, I take a second to ponder. It had been such a strange day.

My wedding day.

The day a normal couple would have spent rejoicing, feeling happy and blessed. Turning to a new chapter of their lives, begin their new journey hoping for a smooth and long run. And I? I only laugh at my fate.

My marriage commences with a timer and a predicted full stop.

Today, at eleven in the morning, I received Kabir's first text informing me to directly reach the venue. He kept the exchange short and formal. No additions to make the message look a little more personal.

He had already spoilt the previous night for me, one which I spent tossing and disturbed. He could at least have messaged me nicely. After the moment we shared yesterday where he demanded me to use his name, it didn't take much time for him to shake apart.

I wonder if he encountered an electric current that made him jerk back. One that was powerful enough to snap him back to the reality scene. He had retrieved and left me there glued to his car, out there in the cold.

I found myself in a situation where there was no possibility of turning back. Despite my attempts to pretend, it was clear that I had been affected by his touch. The mere sensation of it had triggered a series of intense emotions within me.

However, he seemed to remain unfazed and didn't appear to be as bothered as I was. His aloofness only added to the complexity of my feelings. He couldn't even pretend to care.