15 | d day

chapter : 15
d day

━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━k a b i r━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━
k a b i r
━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━

She bolts out of my cabin as if her feet are on fire.

I have often heard how Noor is troubled by my other employees. In the start, I used to think it was because of her outspoken self, but slowly it just merged into something that the others enjoy by pulling her down. She had stopped paying attention to their snickering, she retorted back and moved on with her life.

Vidhi's remark had her fuming with anger, it portrayed that maybe she had never gotten over their snide comments. It wasn't her way of speaking but the way she stomped out tells me that she is more affected than normal.

"You have given her way too much leverage." Vidhi twirls her hair strands and walks closer to my desk. Putting her weight on it. She keeps commenting on how she doesn't like Noor, her habits and the way she talks.

I have always disliked how this woman has acted, behaving like she was entitled enough to put anyone else down. The only reason I have to keep up with her indecent behaviour is because her father was my father's friend. It was a favour I had granted but right now I regret it so much.

I have never liked anyone disrespecting my employees, I might not be their jolly boss but I also won't tolerate if you disregard them.

"You should throw her out, she isn't worth it. I can fill in for her."

Oh, but she is way more worthy than you can ever be.

"You should leave."

"But Kab—"

"First, I ain't your friend—never have been. I am your boss so treat me like that. Second, if I see you talking to her in this tone ever again, it would be your last working day. Don't forget she earned her position and you got it in charity. Now leave."

She is stunned.

But she does leave.

It's never been this way. I have always kept my calm and handled things cooly. Noor has always been an important staff member but the fact that she has my ring with her, a ring that establishes our impending relationship, my emotions might have surged.

Even though I know these thoughts are aimless and carry no importance, I cannot pass off wrong intentions to Noor. We can't complicate this contract.