24 | mistaken souls

chapter : 24
mistaken souls

heyy! how are you all doing?

this chapter is a very important addition and requirement. :)

we are well into the 24th chapter today. how are you all liking the book so far? it would mean a lot if you could take some time out and let me know your views on the book. :)

85

━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━
k a b i r
━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━

Well, one thing I have realised is that love actually works like a sedative.

I have heard people often lose their sleep whilst being deeply and madly in love, but me? I think it has the opposite effect on me. For one, I have this wrong but very tempting urge to shut down my phone, throw it away and snuggle close with my wife to sleep, again.

I am still holding my phone, my arm feels a little achy due to being in the same position the entire night, rightfully so, around Noor. But, now it feels a little rigid and the person calling me at six in the morning does nothing to make me feel joyous.

I had been ruthlessly woken by my cell phone's ringing, I had extended my sour arm in an attempt to search for it, and once found I had quickly silenced it so that it wouldn't stir Noor's sleep.

It's my grandfather. The phone's still blazing with his contact flashing on the lock screen. It had once cut but he is relentless. I am not sure if I really want to pick his call up. I have had a very good night, and if he has called to nag me about something—it would spoil it.

I love him. But, he has been acting insolently these days. He does come to the office and instead of talking business and about my happy married life, he focuses on reciting how love can make a man weak. I am being tolerant of jabs directed at me, but I know what he had done behind my back.

Noor had mistakenly spilt the words of advice my grandfather decided to push towards her. She hadn't meant to, but one night over dinner while I was telling her about dinner with my Pa, she had nonchalantly uttered how she loved the pasta. I didn't even know she had gone there. Well, she was forcefully invited there, without me, precisely.

I have been harbouring that anger ever since. I pushed her to tell me what they spoke about. She kept denying but at last, she gave in. Telling me everything.

So now not only am I angry at him for giving me this treatment, I am also vexed at this audacity for disrespecting my wife. I have avoided him since that day, I knew confrontation with him would only lead to our fight.