Chapter 2

Bakugou stared at the door, expecting Midoriya to run in and rush to his seat. His friends were talking loudly near him, before he finally turned to face them.

"What are you extras talking 'bout?"

Nagai Tesaki turned to face him. He had shoulder-length wood brown hair and half-moon shaped eyes. Him and Bakugou had been friends since they were young.

"We were just wondering where the nerd was!"

Kemuri Hashiga chuckled at that comment. He had short, spiky, black hair as well as dark blue eyes. He had also been friends with Bakugou since they were young.

"Probably ditched school because he was too scared to come in! Maybe he'll finally give up on that hero dream!" he laughed again.

Bakugou was confused but laughed along. Midoriya never skipped a day since kindergarten. He wouldn't just 'ditch', Inko would never allow him to. There must of been something else if he wasn't here. Why did he care, though? He was just a 'quirkless wannabe' after all.

"Alright, alright, settle down now."

The students settled down as their teacher prepared to tell them an important announcement.

"I was told to inform you that Izuku Midoriya will no longer be with us for the time being."

Some students laughed at that, the 'quirkless wannabe' had finally given up! Did he drop out?, Bakugou thought, no, he's too much of a goody-two-shoes to do that.

"Unfortunately, Midoriya went missing yesterday afternoon after he left school." a few students gasped at that, "The police are asking that if you have any information or see him anywhere, tell them immediately. That's all for today."

Bakugou couldn't process what was going on after that. Midoriya, the one who always chased him and tried to be his friend, missing? The one who tried to convince everyone that he could be a hero without a quirk, the one who always tried to help him despite how he bullied him, missing?

Soon, class was over. It was a half day today considering the circumstances. Mitsuki had to come pick Katsuki up since they didn't want more going missing. But, Katsuki was just.. silent. Deathly silent during the whole ride home.

"Katsuki, are you okay?" Mitsuki asked, as she grabbed her bag out of the car.

He responded with a small nod.

"Alright, just don't be afraid to ask me for anything, okay?"

Katsuki nodded again before walking upstairs to his room.

His room was quite interesting at most. The walls were black apart from the accent wall which was a deep orange colour. His bed had a metal frame, as well as an orange duvet. He had a maple wood nightstand, as well as a pine wood bookcase full of different novels he enjoyed over the years.

He flopped onto the bed, sighing deeply before turning on his back to stare up at the ceiling. One thought crossed his mind, one that would change his motive to be a hero.

I will find you, Deku.

"Woah! Your quirk is so cool! Can I see it in action, please?"

Midoriya continued to beg Shigaraki to use his quirk on something as he wrote down notes on his quirk in detail. It was kind of creepy, but it was Tomura's fault. He had somehow ended up telling Izuku all about his quirk and how it works, which brings us to this moment.

"Alright, fine, you annoying brat!" he sighed in annoyance as Kurogiri passed him a piece of plain paper.

With the greenette's full attention, he picked it up with four fingers. He then added his fifth finger and the paper was disintegrated into nothing but ashes. Izuku wrote down more in his notebook. How he had more room to write, no one knew.

"Izuku, would you like something to drink?"

Midoriya put down his notebook, "Yes please, Kuro!"

He had come up with a nickname for the warp-gate villain as he found that continuously saying 'Kurogiri' for everything was tiring. Kurogiri grabbed a glass and started to pour some juice into it. Midoriya sat at one of the bar stools near Shigaraki.

"Here you go."

Izuku grabbed the glass, "Thanks!"

Tomura turned to face him, "So, newbie, if you are going to join us, what will your villain name be?"

"Villain name?"

The blue-headed man sighed, "Yes. Your name is all over the news as a 'missing person's case'!"

He turned on the small TV. A news reporter lit up the screen, talking about something. He turned up the volume as Izuku's middle school picture appeared on the screen.

"As of yesterday afternoon, Izuku Midoriya has gone missing. The picture on the screen is what he looks like. If you have any information on his whereabouts, or see him at any point, please contact this number immediately."

Midoriya didn't know what to say. He didn't expect himself to be on the news, be important even. Would Kacchan be worried?, he thought. He had forgotten all about school, Kacchan, Inko. But, this was his new chance to prove everyone wrong. This was the right choice, right?

"You alright there, newbie?"

Izuku comes back to his senses, "Oh, yeah! I'm fine."

Tomura looks him up and down, "As well as a villain name, you need new clothes. Specifically your own?"

The greenette blushed in embarrassment. He had worn Shigaraki's old clothes from when he was around Midoriya's age. Right now, he was just wearing a plain, black t-shirt with dark grey tracksuit bottoms.

"About the villain name.. I was thinking of 'Deku'."

Tomura raised an eyebrow at him, "Why?"

Midoriya rubbed the back of his neck, "My classmates used to make fun of me for not having any powers, so they've used that as an insult ever since I was little. Apparently to Kacchan, 'Deku' can be read from the last Kanji of my name." he sighed, "'Deku' also means 'useless' which to them was my nickname for being a 'quirkless nobody'."

Shigaraki put a hand on his shoulder, making sure to keep the middle finger lifted as to not accidentally disintergrate the new member.

"Quite a backstory there." he chuckled, "'Deku', I like it."

He took his hand off of his shoulder. Midoriya looked at him, quite happy that he liked the name. Shigaraki put on his gloves. His gloves were black with a hole cut specifically so that the thumb, index and middle finger were left untouched. But, the ring and pinky finger were covered by the stretchy, black material the gloves were made of. He held out his hand.

"Welcome to the League Of Villains, Deku."