Chapter 11

Stain stood there, his tone laced with venom. Izuku didn't trust him.

"Now, I get it." He began, "You must be the ones who attacked U.A. And you want me on your team?"

Shigaraki nodded, "Yeah, it'll be great. You've got so much experience."

He looked sceptical, "And what's your mission?"

"For now, I really just wanna kill All Might."

The League's goal was to.. kill All Might? I mean.. the guy did tell me to give up on my dreams. Maybe killing him wouldn't be all that bad? I'm not sure.

Shigaraki continued, "I like to destroy anything that pisses me off."

Stain lowed his head, somewhat glaring at Tomura. His tone changed completely to something full of hatred, "I was a fool to think you could offer me anything. It turns out, you're the type of person I hate most in this world."

Shigaraki seemed taken aback as Kurogiri stepped closer to the blue-haired villain. Izuku just stood there, unsure of what to say or do.

"The goals of your league are those of a child." He suddenly took out two of his knives, "What meaning is there to killing if you don't have real convictions?"

He continued to pull out some of his knives. Was this man going to attempt to.. kill Tomura? No.. Izuku couldn't allow that, he didn't want that. He couldn't let this man kill his sibling.

"Master, should I step in?" Kurogiri asked the TV.

It replied, "Let it happen. It's possible this is the only way he'll learn anything. He needs to think about the ways he must grow, how he can mature. Only then will he reach his potential."

Tomura continued to avoid the weapons as Stain fought relentlessly. Izuku could only watch from the sidelines as they fought, when he noticed blood running down his brother's leg. He seemed to have been stabbed in the leg.

All of a sudden, Stain started to aim for the torso area. Izuku couldn't let it happen. He didn't know why, but despite master's instructions, he stepped in. The hero killer pushed him back against the wall, licking blood from his weapon.

Izuku became frozen. Literally. He found he couldn't move from where he'd fallen. He figured the man had some sort of paralyzing quirk that involved consuming their blood. He averted his eyes to his arm where a cut had been made. It wasn't too deep, which was always a good sign.

Izuku looked back at the fight. Tomura lay on the floor, with the hero killer crouching over him. There were more stab wounds. He'd only just recovered from the U.S.J, Izuku thought in annoyance.

"So, you want me to be apart of your crumbling little league?" He asked, face just inches away from the leader's. He held his knives in place where they'd stabbed Tomura's shoulders, "But you won't accomplish anything if you don't have conviction and desire. Without those, you'll always be an aimless weakling. Achieving nothing. That's how you got here."

Shigaraki grunted in agony, "Hey now, you're being a little rough, aren't you? Kurogiri, take this guy back."

"I'm sorry, I can't move." Izuku averted his eyes up to where Kurogiri stood. He had a knife lodged in his left arm, "It must be the hero killer's quirk at work."

Stain continued, "The word 'Hero' has lost all meaning in this society. The world is overrun by fakes, criminals like you who chase petty dreams. They must all be cursed."

His knife aimed towards one of Tomura's many hands, "What do you think you're doing? If you touch this palm," He wrapped his fingers around the blade, slowly disintegrating it, "I'll kill you." Stain's face lit up in shock, "You sure talk a lot, Hero Killer." The blade began to crack and break, "Conviction? Maybe I don't have anything as loaded as that. If I had to choose a desire though, it'd be killing All Might. If this world wants to worship trash like him, I'll destroy their beloved Symbol Of Peace and then crush them while they're in shock."

Tomura raised his palm towards Stain's face. The Hero Killer jumped to the corner, knives out as Shigaraki stood up. Izuku felt his own body begin to unfreeze. He stood up also, quickly walking over to where Kurogiri stood.

"The last of my injuries were finally healing up." He commented in annoyance as he faced the man, "You should learn not to play with knives," Blood dripped from his arms, "We don't have a healer in our party, you know." He began to scratch anxiously at his neck.

"I see your nature." He replied, "It seems our goals fundamentally oppose each other. However, this wasn't in vain. We agree that we need to destroy the present."

Shigaraki stared tiredly, "I'm over this. Leave. Drop dead. I'm the kind of person you hate most, right?"

"I was testing your motives. People always show their true colours when on the verge of death. It's abnormal, but there is desire, a warped sprout of conviction inside of you. How will it bloom in the end, I wonder. Maybe I'll let you grow, if you don't turn out well, I'll take care of you later." Izuku froze. What in hell's name did that mean?

Shigaraki held his shoulder, "You think you can get rid of me?"

Kurogiri gasped, "I'm free." Izuku hugged him quickly, before letting him go.

"Kurogiri. Someone as crazy as this would be nothing but a problem for the League of Villains."

"Please reconsider."

Please don't, Tomu.

"This man would be a great asset if he joins us." Kurogiri continued, "I'd say this was a success."

Stain got into a fighting position again, "My business here is done. Now, you'll return me to Hosu." He licked his lips, "There are still several false heroes I must attempt to repair."

Izuku was glad he was going. To Izuku, despite his quirk being extremely cool, he was scary and.. unpredictable. He rubbed his wrist. His scar was getting itchy, which was the worst part of the healing process.

For now, Izuku could only wonder. What did the future have in store?