Chapter 30

Tomura stood in the kitchen, sipping a black coffee as he rested his back against the countertops. Dabi stood opposite him, holding his own mug of black coffee, despite his usual distaste towards the substance.

"It was weird." Tomura recounted. "He was just sitting on my bed last night, crying. He didn't calm down until I hugged him."

"Do you know what caused it?" he asked, setting down his mug.

Shigaraki shook his head. "He had whispered something when I asked, but it was too quiet for me to pick up."

"Where is he now?"

"In my room, resting." he replied, his mind filling with murderous intent. "And, I swear to the heavens, if anyone wakes him up, I will personally murder them." he smiled at Dabi, a chill running down the ravenette's spine.

"Hey.." they turned their heads towards the sound.

Izuku stood in the doorway, dark bags visible under his eyes as well as fading red rims. He looked tired, which accompanied the dull emptiness seen in his pupils. He rubbed his eyes, yawning as if he was still tired.

He walked towards the two, hugging Tomura almost immediately causing him to have to set his mug down. He hugged back, ruffling the boy's hair.

"Sleep well?" Tomura asked. Izuku nodded compliantly.

"Hey, trouble." Dabi greeted.

Midoriya smiled at him. "Hi."

"Tomura told me what happened last night." he began, crouching down to his level. "What happened?"

Izuku buried his head in Tomura's side, his voice muffled by the clothing as tears escaped his eyes. "I went t-to visit mum, but sh-she sold the apar-apartment. Auntie to-told me it was be-because she cou-couldn't handle my dis-disappearance."

Tomura rubbed circles on his back, knowing it as a coping mechanism. Dabi continued to talk. "Well, that's not technically her fault. She didn't know you were alive." he explained. "But, that doesn't mean it's your fault either."

Izuku nodded as the tears continued to escape, but not as badly now. "I guess she wouldn't w-want a villain for a s-son anyway.." he whispered.

Dabi puts a firm hand on his shoulder. "Never say that again."

"S-sorry.." he apologized, turning himself to face the ravenette as Tomura kept a cautious arm around him. "It's just.. I can't help f-feeling like it's tr-true.."

"You're trying to change. Hell, you've tried better than any of us. And trying is all you can do. It's all we want from you. If she can't accept that--"

He was cut off as Izuku jumped onto him, hugging him as they both fell on the floor. Laughter filled the air as they sat up, a smile creeping onto Dabi's face as he noticed how expressive Izuku was being. Even Tomura was laughing.

They both stood up, brushing dust off of them. Dabi ruffled his hair. "You alright now, trouble?"

He nodded, hugging the ravenette again before burying his head into the man's chest. Tomura smiled at the two, happy that his little brother was feeling much better compared to how he was last night.

Though, he wondered. Who would be Izuku's guardian now? He was still a minor and practically had no where to go if the school suddenly shut down, not even the base. It's been closed off to the public, and most of it was destroyed anyway due to recent villain attacks.

He'd have to ask Aizawa about that one, he decided. But, for now, he could enjoy the present.

"Let's get you some breakfast, Izuku."