Chapter 25

Izuku sat on the sofa, leaning against Tomura as he fights the urge to sleep. They had been shown the dorm area Izuku was already living in, picking their rooms out as he slept. He had woken up a few hours ago, still groggy from the sleep he'd lost over the last couple nights.

Shigaraki draped his arm around the boy, providing warmth and comfort for the greenette. He'd become more accustomed to the 'older brother' role as time went on, trying to help and comfort his little brother whenever he could.

"Tomu..?" he asked quietly. "Where's Kuro?"

Right. He still wasn't aware of Kurogiri's whereabouts. Aizawa had taken him with him somewhere, saying that he needed to follow U.A protocol and interrogate him before allowing him into the dorms.

The blue-headed male looked down at him, unsure of how to say it. "Uh.." he hesitated. There was no way he could make this easy for Midoriya. He sighed deeply, "Eraserhead took Kurogiri in for interrogation. He's not completely sure if he's allowed into the dorms yet."

"Oh.." he said sadly, turning his head down as he leaned into Tomura more.

"It's alright, Zuku. I'm sure Eraserhead will let him in here soon."

Izuku nodded hesitantly, looking forward mindlessly as he wondered if Eraserhead would ever let him in here. Of course, he was aware he was a villain who had worked under the League Of Villains, causing chaos here and there. But, he wasn't all that bad. He was special. He had treated Izuku like a person, like his son even. So, to have that taken away.. it was something he never wanted to think about.

"Izuku, are you sure my quirk can be used for.. heroics?" Tomura asked, bringing the greenette out of his thoughts. "It's.. it's destructive, it's hurt people. I've-- I've killed dozens with it."

Midoriya sat up slightly. "I'm sure, Tomu." he confirmed, discretely interlocking his hand with his brother's. "You can destroy rubble and debris to save the people stuck underneath it. Or.. or you can destroy collapsed buildings after a villain attack to save causalities. Maybe Mr Aizawa can help you train your quirk to destroy specific things or multiple things at once!"

Tomura chuckled. Izuku hadn't rambled on like that in quite a while. He was always pleased to hear it again.

"Hey, what's so funny?" Dabi walked in, holding three mugs.

"Nothing, what've you got there?" Shigaraki sat up straight along with Midoriya who seemed to be intrigued.

He gave a mug to the greenette. "Hot chocolate for trouble," he handed a mug to the blue-headed male, "black coffee for the leader who doesn't know what chapstick is," he sat down himself, right next to Izuku, "and normal coffee for myself."

Izuku sipped his drink. "Thanks, Dabi!"

He ruffled his hair. "Your welcome, trouble."

He giggled, continuing to drink the flavoursome liquid. Despite what anyone says, Dabi's hot chocolate mix is always amazingly good. He still remembered his and Toga's first reaction to the concoction.

But, yet, he couldn't help but feel.. sad in a way. Everything had been so chaotic lately. It was sad to think that all of this happened because society had treated him differently. He thought he would feel grateful, seeing as he now had an amazing group of people who cared about him, but he just felt.. he couldn't even describe the feeling.

"Tomu? Dabi?"

Dabi placed his mug down before turning to face him. "Hm?"

"What's up, Zuku?" Tomura placed down his mug also.

He looked down, eyes focused on the floor. "Do you think.. do you think if I had a quirk, things would have been different?"

"I mean, of course things would have been different. You wouldn't have met us for starters, and that would have been a real shame." he smiled at him, hoping to bring out that blinding smile he had.

Izuku hadn't shown it much around him, but from old pictures and the odd moments where he rambled on about quirks and 'true' heroes, he had seen that smile. It was a genuine one, not like the ones fake heroes like Endeavor wore to impress the public.

He giggled, obviously enjoying Dabi's sense of humour. Technically, he was right. If he had a quirk, he wouldn't have met the people who seemed to truly care about him. Although, now he wondered, would his mother still take him in? After months of being presumably missing, would she still accept him for who he is?

"Kid, what're you thinking about?" the ravenette brought him out of his thoughts abruptly. "You keep zoning out."

"Nothing important." he lied.

"Are you su--"

"Oooh! Are we going to watch a movie?" Toga's sweet voice floated through the air as she sat down on one of the nearest armchairs, a mug similar to Dabi's in her hands.

Dabi sighed nonchalantly. "I'm not sur--"

"Can we?!" Izuku asked excitedly, bringing his mug to his lips as he awaited an answer. He hadn't had a movie night in forever. The only one he could really remember was with his mother when he had started middle school.

Shigaraki chuckled softly. "Calm down, Zuku." he ruffled his hair again. "We can watch a movie if you want."

Midoriya smiled up at him, leaning his head on his shoulder. "Thanks, Tomu."

Tomura just smiled as he took a few sips of his coffee. A blanket was draped over them as Dabi got into a comfortable position on the sofa. Toga was in front of the TV, seemingly placing a DVD into the DVD player for them to watch.

After a few seconds, the screen came to life and Toga returned to her seat as they began to watch the film.

That night, the four slept peacefully together in the living area, the credits of the film playing in the background. Izuku was cuddled up to Tomura, his head resting on his chest. Shigaraki had his arm wrapped around the greenette tightly, signifying that he wouldn't let go any time soon. Dabi had his head lowered back, hand interlocked with Izuku's. Toga, however, was alone on the armchair, head resting in her arms as quiet snores filled the silence.

Maybe U.A wouldn't be so bad.