Chapter 12

Izuku jumped onto Tomura, nearly knocking him off his feet, "You scared me, Tomu!"

The blue-haired male hugged the younger male, ruffling his hair in the process, "This is what the real world is like, Izuku. I'm going to get hurt regardless, either it be by other villains, vigilantes, heroes in training or heroes in general."

The greenette tightened his hold on the older male, nuzzling his head into his shirt, "I know.. I just hate seeing you get hurt. You're like a brother to me.."

Tomura patted his head, attempting to comfort the kid. He didn't exactly grow up with other kids, nor did he have younger siblings, so he didn't exactly know how to comfort someone.

Although, he could admit that ever since the little brat had arrived, he had felt.. weird around him. It was a warm, comforting feeling, but he also felt overly protective of him. Like he wanted to become his shield, take all the injuries for him to remain untouched.

That feeling is exactly why he worried about their upcoming mission. They would have to get some more members for it to become reality, but they planned to attack U.A's Hero Course students when they were at their training camp.

Heroes in training didn't exactly treat those in the shadows nicely. He had seen how they'd fought his thugs without second thought at the U.S.J, as if they didn't care. They probably didn't. But, still. It felt wrong how they'd treated villains. Didn't they know why people become villains in the first place?

Him and Izuku had their reasons. Izuku was constantly degraded and discriminated against for his lack of a quirk, his breaking point being when All Might, the Symbol Of Peace, had shattered his dreams.

Tomura, however, had grown up in an abusive household. His father would neglect or hurt him for the simple dream Tomura had once had. To become a hero. His family members had tried to explain that his father was just scared he'd die in battle like his grandmother, Nana Shimura, had. But, it didn't justify his actions.

His last night in that house, he'd gotten framed by his sister for entering their father's office. That night, his quirk had manifested. He'd accidentally killed his family members. Well, except his father. He had killed that man, filled with built up hatred and anger.

All For One had found him a couple days later in a nearby alleyway. He had taken him in, given him a new name and told him the basics of his quirk. Yet, it was strange how the man hadn't taken the time to teach him how to control it. He hadn't even given him gloves until he was a teenager.

He rubbed circles on Izuku's back in an attempt to calm him. He seemed upset, and sort of angry with Tomura at the same time, "You idiot.. why'd you let yourself get hurt like that.." Izuku murmured, barely a whisper as he rested his head on Tomura's chest. He hated how often his brother-figure gets hurt.

"I'm sorry, Izuku. But, it's just going to get worse from here." He explained, sensing the change in atmosphere, "I'm going to get hurt, whether I want to or not. Heroes are.. careless with how they treat people like us. They don't care about what lead us to this path, they just care about the money or the fame. It's just how society is nowadays."

That's what I hate about the world, Tomu.

Izuku sat on his bed, looking blankly at the wall. He wasn't sure what to do anymore. He wanted to help Tomura with his plans, yet he hated the idea of killing people.

He thought about what Tomura had said about the society earlier.

This is what the real world is like, Izuku. I'm going to get hurt regardless, either it be by other villains, vigilantes, heroes in training or heroes in general.

Heroes are.. careless with how they treat people like us. They don't care about what lead us to this path, they just care about the money or the fame. It's just how society is nowadays.

He knew that the heroes were careless. He'd know it for a while. Take All Might for example. He had punched the sludge villain which still had a on-the-verge-of-passing-out Izuku trapped right in the middle of it. He then proceeded to shatter Izuku's dream without second thought on a rooftop on the same day he was told to take a swan dive off one. Okay, technically, All Might wouldn't have known that last point. However, adding to his point, unlike Katsuki, he hadn't been checked over or taken to have medical treatment after the sludge villain incident.

He laid down, giving up in the staring contest he was having with the wall. His thoughts hovered over the thought that Katsuki had changed after he had 'disappeared'. He seemed to be a different person when Izuku had met him at the U.S.J. But, that didn't make up for how he had treated Izuku for the last eleven years. The greenette still had nightmares sometimes of the torture Katsuki had put him through during middle school. No, despite how he's changed, nothing would make up for that.