Chapter 24

"Tomu.." Izuku whispered, looking up at his brother, "please.. come with me. I.. I can't do this without you."

Shigaraki looked down at him. "I can't. I'm a villain, Izuku. They won't accept me."

"I was a villain and they accepted me!"

Well, some of them.

"Izuku, it's different for me." he stated, playing with the greenette's hair. "I've killed people. I can go to prison for that."

Midoriya looked up desperately. "No! They'll let you come with me! Mr Aizawa will! I--" determination could be seen on his face, "I won't let them take you from me!"

"Even so, I can't be a hero." he looked at his other gloved hand. "My quirk.. my quirk is villainous. It's not made for heroics."

"But it can be!" Izuku protested. "Your quirk can be used to disintegrate rubble and debris in disaster zones! And you can help people escape collapsed buildings by turning the whole thing into dust!" he smiled at him. "Tomu, you can be a hero!"

Tomura was confused. All of his life, he was convinced his quirk was villainous. All For One had said so himself. He had taught him to kill people if they made him mad or acted discriminative towards him. But, here, Izuku was saying something else. Something completely different from what he'd been told all these years.

I can be a hero?

"Hey," Dabi stood up, having put down his half-empty mug while the two had talked, "what're you two talking 'bout?"

The ravenette walked over to them both, ruffling Izuku's hair in the process. The other members of the league seemed to be looking over at them, seeming intrigued by the greenette's return.

Izuku turned around, Tomura's arm still somewhat draped around his shoulder. "I was asking Tomu to come with me, to U.A."

His eyes widened in surprise. "U.A?!" he rested his hand on his shoulder. "What are you doing at U.A, trouble?"

His eyes traced the floor. "I was caught at the training camp but U.A took me in for a villain rehab thing and Mr Aizawa's been taking really good care of me since!" he looked back up at Dabi, a smile etched on his lips. "He even allowed me to come here today!"

He looked at Tomura, before revisiting the question he'd asked the greenette, having heard parts of their conversation previously. "How are you so sure that U.A is going to look after us? We're proper villains after all. We've killed dozens."

"W-well, Mr Aizawa looked after me well so I thought he'd look after you well too!" he kept his smile, refusing to show what he actually felt.

The ravenette hesitated before smiling back at him. "Well, if you're so sure this could.. help us in a sense, I don't see why I shouldn't join you."

"R-really?!" he asked, before hugging the villain tightly.

He nodded before looking at Tomura, who seemed to be very interested in the floor right now. He seemed to be deep in thought. He looked behind him, seeing Toga walking towards them while the other members stayed seated.

"I'll come too, Izuku!" she exclaimed, smiling greatly.

Izuku looked up at her, his arms still wrapped around the ravenette. He smiled at her, eyes sparkling. "R-really?! You'll come too, Himi?"

She nodded before patting his head softly. She looked at Twice, eyes meeting his. "Please.. Jin? Join us?"

Twice slowly stood up, joining Toga at the room's entrance hesitantly. Himiko was his friend, but he wasn't sure if going to U.A was the right choice. Toga was a minor so she'd have to go to the rehabilitation regardless, but him? He could still go to prison.