Chapter 7

The dual-haired boy gave Bakugou a look of confusion, accompanied by the red-head's own look of concern. Katsuki scoffed at them as he walked a little closer to Deku, keeping his distance.

"De- Izuku. Please, come back." He asked, offering his hand. Izuku looked at him, seeing a pleading look in his eyes rather than the anger he would often see.

Was he telling the truth?

No one helped you back then. But, I did and look where at you are now. You have two quirks, you have people who care about you, you have more than you did before.

No, All For One saved him. Katsuki didn't help him. Why would he care now? Why would he want to help me now?

"Izuku! Me and auntie have been trying to find you all this time!" Bakugou screamed, trying to get through to him. But, it wasn't working.

Izuku threw another blue fireball at him, as well as aiming one at the ice user, "Why would you care now?!" He shouted back, "I'm just defenseless Izuku, aren't I? So, why would you want to find me, out of all people?!"

Bakugou dodged the incoming attacks. When did he have a quirk?, he questioned.

"I care about you. I always did. But, despite being miles ahead of you, I always felt behind you. Inferior even." He chuckled, as he wiped a tear from his eye, "When I heard you were missing, I thought it was my fault. No, I knew it was partly my fault. So, I looked everywhere for you. I joined search teams, read through multiple articles, anything to find any clue about where you were."

He.. looked for me?

Deku stopped where he was as Bakugou continued, "If I'm being honest, I felt lost without you. Lonely, even. It was lonely without your mumbling, your questions, your presence."

"I-.. is.. is that all true?" He asked, as he stood in shock.

Bakugou nodded, before deciding to walk towards the boy. Izuku took a step backwards out of instinct, stopping Katsuki in his tracks. They both locked eyes. The blonde's were full of worry, sadness, concern. Correspondingly, Izuku's own green orbs were filled with fear and sadness, before being clouded by the fake truth All For One had presented as reality.

"No.. no.. you're.. you're lying." He said, as he shook his head, messing up his curly locks, "All- All For One saved me, he helped me when no one else did. You, you're lying to me."

All For One?, the blonde questioned, who was that? And why was he telling Deku all that damn fake stuff?

Suddenly, a portal of purple and black hues appeared underneath Deku's feet. Bakugou reached towards him, but he was too slow.

Deku was gone, again.

He had lost him, again.

Deku landed on the floor harshly, not expecting the sudden teleportation. He got up, brushing off the dust. Turning around, he witnessed a sight he didn't want to see.

Shigaraki had been shot. Twice.

Izuku rushed towards him, ignoring Kurogiri's protests to stay away, "Tomura, what happened?!" He asked worriedly, "Are you okay?!"

The worry was evident in his voice, as he tried to help the teleportation user with the blue-head's wounds, "I'm fine, Izuku. The pros arrived and one of them shot me before Kurogiri could teleport us out of there."

The pro heroes shot Tomura?

The hatred Izuku was feeling wasn't strong enough to overtake his obvious worry. The heroes had shot someone he considered a sibling. He understood they were villains, but that was too far in his book. If they aimed wrong, his brother could be dead right now.

"Izuku, I know what you're thinking, but please." Tomura slipped his glove on before putting his palm over Izuku's, "Just.. let's rest for now, okay?"

The greenette looked away, "Fine." He responded while tightly gripping the blue-head's hand. Shigaraki smiled weakly at him as Kurogiri finished wrapping his injuries.

Izuku laid on his bed, the blonde's words confusing him. Bakugou had tormented him. Bullied him for being quirkless, harmed him for being quirkless, looked down on him for being quirkless.

But, what he had said.

I care about you. I always did. But, despite being miles ahead of you, I always felt behind you. Inferior even.

When I heard you were missing, I thought it was my fault. No, I knew it was partly my fault. So, I looked everywhere for you. I joined search teams, read through multiple articles, anything to find any clue about where you were.

Bakugou had tried to find him. Bakugou had looked for him. Bakugou had felt at fault. Bakugou apologised.

Wait, he apologised? I mean, I guess he did in his own way.

Bakugou tried to look for him. Tried to help Inko find him. Tried to look for clues through articles. Tried to look for him to apologise. Tried to find him to get him back for good.

Inko made sense, seeing as that was his mother. She was also super worrisome when it came to Izuku, so it made sense that she would report him missing. But, Bakugou looking for him was odd. It was strange. It was.. not Bakugou nature.

"Kacchan tried to.. find me?"