Chapter 17

16th August, xxxx

19:43pm

Izuku stood anxiously on the cliffside. They had discussed the plan properly a couple days ago, but still, he was anxious. Scared of getting caught. Scared of being separated from those he now considered family.

Since he'd met them, he'd considered most of the league's members as family. Toga acted like his sister. Dabi and Shigaraki acted as overprotective older brothers. Kurogiri was his father figure. The others... he'd trust them soon enough.

The wind blew cold as Midoriya stood off to the side. He wasn't wearing much. His outifit wasn't the best at keeping him warm, so it was no surprise he was becoming colder by the minute. He crossed his arms, rubbing them vigorously to try and provide himself warmth.

A hand rested itself on his shoulder. He turned around to see Shigaraki, holding one of his black hoodies, "Wear this." He said as he handed him the clothing, "You'll be more hidden in the dark rather than standing out with that bright white shirt you have."

"Thanks, Tomu." Izuku thanked him, before putting the hoodie on. It was overly warm and.. big. The clothing fell just above his knees, the sleeves concealing his hands. He pulled his arms to his chest, trying to make himself even warmer.

Tomura ruffled his hair, "You sure you're ready for this, brat? It's a risky mission." He explained, concern painted over his face, "I don't want you to get caught.."

"I promise I'm ready this time." The greenette smiled brightly at him, "And, anyway! Now I have Toga and Dabi and Mr Compress looking out for me!" He attempted to reassure him, "I'll be fine."

Izuku was going to hug him when he noticed a green-skinned person at their meeting point. He had purple wavy hair and a knife weapon of some sort. He also seemed to wear some sort of red clothing on his face.

He looked confusingly at the blue-haired male in front of him, "Who's that?"

Shigaraki looked where he was looking before turning his attention back to Midoriya, "That's Spinner. A new recruit we added last minute. He'll be assisting Magne."

"Okay! Um--" He looked out towards the forest, "Where will I fight?"

He looked at the area, "Hm.. you'll help our Nomu. Is that alright?"

Izuku ran through the trees, trying to find where the Nomu had run off to. He had been tasked with assisting the Nomu, but that also meant looking after it. Except, Shigaraki had forgotten to tell him that it loved to run off.

The forest was more complicated than it seemed. Every tree looked the same. Even the pathways looked the same. As he ran through, he could smell the faint smell of smoke. Dabi.

The ravenette had been tasked with setting certain parts of the woods on fire which would distract many students who were nearby, making the job easier.

The plan was simple. Distract the surrounding students and pro-heroes and kidnap Katsuki Bakugou. As much as Izuku disagreed with kidnapping, he felt that Katsuki deserved it in some sense.

He had hurt the greenette so much growing up, whether it be mental, emotional or physical abuse. The teachers did nothing to prevent it but rather encouraged his behaviour, which only angered the greenette more. 

Soon, he heard the vague sounds of metal clinking against.. things. He knew the new Nomu had some sort of metal-type quirk. Their other Nomu had been destroyed back at the USJ attack apparently to Shigaraki and Kurogiri.

He reached the clearing. All he could see was chaos. Pure chaos.

The Nomu was using his quirk in an 'overdoing it' kind of manner. The red and white-headed boy from the other attack was here, using his ice to fight against the monster while.. protecting Katsuki?

Why was he doing that?

Don't tell me they already know.

It was possible that Muscular could have spilt that they were kidnapping Bakugou. Izuku wasn't entirely surprised. Over the past few days he'd known the guy, all he seemed to do was talk. If he lost his temper or tried to make a point, he'd spill things that weren't meant to be shared.

He hid behind one of the nearby trees, powering up his quirk as he tried to find the right angle. If he aimed correctly, he could break the ice and get them both off their feet. That would make Mr Compress's job way easier.

He aimed. The fireball flew through the air, hitting the ice just off centre.

He internally face-palmed. The ice still broke, but it didn't knock the students off their feet. Instead, they noticed the greenette in the trees, despite his camouflaged disguise.

As he was powering up his quirk again, an explosion hit him as ice encased his feet. He brought a hand up to his cheek, feeling the burn mark that now lay there. It hurt badly, stinging as he traced his finger over the outline of the scar.

"What do you want, villain?!" The ice boy asked.

Izuku aimed a fireball at his feet, exploding the ice that encased them, "Justice."

"Justice?" He asked, in a sort of sarcastic tone, "What 'justice' could you possibly deserve?" He made another ice wall as the Nomu attacked.

Midoriya walked towards them, pulling the hood over his head, "Why do you deserve to be a 'hero'?"

"Because I actually save people!" He yelled, "You hurt them!"

Izuku sighed dramatically as he reached the corner of the ice wall. Bakugou stood stock still, staring at the greenette intensely as if he was realising something. Either that or he was trying to figure something out.

"I don't hurt them for the sake of it." He explained, "Most of them deserve it." He said the last sentence with a bitter tone, thinking of how much he'd love to hurt those who'd hurt him.

The ice boy just quirked an eyebrow, "How do they 'deserve' it?"

"Because, ice boy, society is unfair. It's dumb." He confessed. He aimed a fireball at Bakugou's torso, "The world doesn't care what happens to you nowadays or what drove you to your fate - the only thing they care about is what quirk you have or if you're a 'villain' or a 'hero'!" He glared at the other boy who had just reflected his fireball, saving the stock-still blonde, "It just isn't fair."

The red and white-haired boy aimed more ice at him, causing Izuku to back up into the trees. As he dodged the ice attack, he noticed a familiar figure jumping above the trees. He looked at the Nomu, deciding Mr Compress could handle him. Right now, he just wanted to see if Dabi or Toga were okay. They were one of the only ones on their own.

And so, he ran off through the forest, hopefully on the right path to his fellow partners in crime. As he ran, he thought about what that ice boy's whole point was. He thought Izuku hurt people? Of course he didn't. Not yet, obviously.

All of a sudden, he was wrapped up into a grey material, the sudden force knocking him off of his feet. He looked to where it had come from, only seeing a figure with red glowing eyes staring back.

"What is your purpose here, Deku?"