Chapter 18

Izuku needed to stay calm. He could figure this out if he just stayed calm.

He took a deep breath, putting on his usual act as he looked up at Eraserhead mockingly, "My purpose does not concern you, hero."

"You and the other villains are bringing harm to my students. You definitely have some sort of purpose here to go to such lengths as break into a school training camp." He stated, tightening the material's grip on the greenette.

"Why would I tell you, out of all people, why we're here when heroes are the ones who made us like this."

Eraserhead's eyes softened for a second, "Not all heroes are bad, kid. If you just told us--"

"No!" He shouted, "No.. telling people never works. They just disregard you like you're a piece of gum on the sidewalk."

His grip loosened for a second, enough for Midoriya to drop onto his knees and run away from the current situation at hand.

"Kid!" He heard hurried footsteps behind him, "Stop running!"

He ignored the pro hero's words as he ran through the woods, every tree looking identical. He didn't know where he was, but right now, he needed to lose the hero in the confusing maze of trees that surrounded the pathways.

Soon, the hurried footsteps became more and more distant. Did he lose the hero or did he just give up? It didn't matter. He needed to figure out where he was right now. That was all that mattered.

Okay so things may or may not have gotten worse.

He had found Toga but she was currently have some sort of knife fight with two girls from Class 1-A, he was guessing. One had pink cheeks and brown messy hair while the other had a long tongue and forest-green hair.

He slid behind the tree trunks, luckily being small enough to hide behind them successfully. He wanted to go to Toga, help her, talk to her, hug her. But, his quirks weren't exactly controllable right now and the anxiety of the fight might make them more dangerous, so it was better not to risk it.

Suddenly, the brunette pinned Toga to the ground as she turned her head towards her green-haired friend who was currently pinned to the tree.

"That was amazing, Ochako!" The green-haired girl said.

Ochako smiled, "Tsu, can you restrain her hands with your tongue? Does it hurt?"

"Give me a second for my tongue."

Toga looked up at the brunette lovingly, blush evident on her cheeks, "Ochako.. you're wonderful too." Izuku peeked out behind the trees, "You've got the same smell as me. There's someone you like, right?" She smiled maniacally, "And you feel like you want to be like that person, right?" The brunette began to sweat, "I can tell. 'Cause you're a maiden like me."

She cut herself off as she seized the opportunity to use her special weapon; what she called the 'suck suck'. Literally, Izuku swore Toga didn't know anything about how to name things properly.

She took the needle-type thing out, immediately sticking into the brunette's thigh as blood began to travel through the tube. She took the straw attached and stuck it in her mouth.

Although, Izuku noticed two others running down the pathway.

"Shoji!" Tsu shouted out.

Now both him and Toga were on the run. Great.

"Should we go find Dabi? He may have the portal ready."

Izuku nodded, "We need to get out of here. Eraserhead already noticed I was here."

Him and Toga ran through the many trees surrounding the camp, trying to find their dark-haired friend. Dabi was supposed to meet up with Mr Compress, as were the rest of them, but it seemed the U.A students weren't as weak as they thought.

Honestly, Shigaraki believed they could take them down in seconds.

Speaking of Shigaraki, Izuku was wondering where he was. He wanted to see him again. Wanted to hug him. Wanted to joke around with him again. Anything other than this. He snuggled up into his hoodie, the scent making him think he was actually there with him.

"Izuku?" Toga shook him.

At some point, they had stopped running and apparently Izuku was too lost in thought to notice. Himiko looked at him pitifully.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine, why?" He questioned why she was asking in the first place. He was okay, right? He checked himself over, looking for injuries.

Her eyes had hints of worry, "You zoned out and weren't responding, so.."

"So you thought I was not fine?" He quirked an eyebrow. Although, she was right. He'd grow such attachments to the league that any time he wasn't with them, all he did was worry over and over about them.

Honestly, he was surprised at how attached he had gotten to them in the space of nearly a year.

"You okay?"

He nodded, "Just.. worried I guess."

Toga brought him into a hug. It was warm like the ones his mother used to give him when he was younger. He hugged her back before separating from her.

"Let's go find Dabi."

They arrived at the middle area of the forest. It was a small clearing with many trees to hide behind. But, it seemed they didn't need to.

Dabi was just in front of the portal, his hand around Bakugou's throat. The one called 'Shoji', ice boy and the bird-headed boy stood at different corners of the clearing, clearly trying to make some sort of plan. Mr Compress stood nearby, hand resting on his cane-like thing.

They walked into the clearing, accompanying Dabi. Toga stood nearer to Mr Compress whereas Midoriya stood just in front of Bakugou's left arm. He turned his head, giving a pitiful look.

The ice boy ran forward with the others behind him as Dabi began to drag the blonde backwards.

"I'm sorry." Izuku whispered.

Bakugou glared at him before turning his attention to the red and white-haired boy, "Don't come, Icyhot."

Just like that, he disappeared into the purple and black mist. Izuku began to walk forward towards the same portal, hoping to escape with the others. Key word: hoping.

Just as he was about to walk through the portal, a grey material wrapped around his feet, making him face-plant into the dirt before everything went black.