Chapter 4

Midoriya sat at the bar alone. Apparently, All For One needed to speak to Shigaraki and Kurogiri alone without their newest member. Something about an attack they would carry out in a week's time. He didn't know where the attack would take place, but honestly, he didn't really have a good feeling about it. It felt as if something would go wrong.

He got up, the loneliness of the room not something he was used to. Shigaraki or Kurogiri were always here but.. it felt weird to be alone. He was used to it, or was used to it in middle school. He walked up to the window, the dusty glass not very clear to look through, but he could see enough.

It was daylight and some people walked the streets near their area. But, no pro heroes in sight. He guessed that was why they picked this place. No pro heroes meant they could cause as much chaos as they wanted while staying out of sight.

Suddenly, the door opened.

Midoriya turned around to see All For One, alone. Where were Shigaraki and Kurogiri? Did they leave him? Did they go to attack early?

"Deku."

Midoriya walked towards him, "Yes, sir?"

"We need to talk." He said as he motioned for Izuku to follow him down the corridor, "The others and I talked and decided it would be best if you join us in the attack, considering your quirks and analytical skills."

They stopped at a door. The potato-headed man opened the door and again, motioned for him to walk inside. They were in a dark, plain looking room. In the middle was a round table where Shigaraki and Kurogiri were sitting. He walked over and sat next to Kurogiri. All For One sat down at the head of the table.

"I've already explained this, but since Deku is now here I'll have to repeat." He looked at Izuku specifically, "Next week, Class 1A is going to the U.S.J for one of their Heroics classes. That's when we'll attack, considering All Might will be there as he is their Heroics teacher."

Izuku spoke up, "Sir? Sorry to interrupt, but how did you get this information? U.A is one of the most secure schools in the country, as well as having a secure security system that Nezu created."

All For One sighed, "We got this information from someone on the inside. They just so happen to be in 1A, the class All Might teaches heroics." He continued, "We will have at least one-hundred small time thugs with us to help attack the class. They will be there to distract while Shigaraki will kill All Might. Kurogiri will make sure no one escapes, he will kill if needed."

Killing?.., Midoriya thought, I-... I didn't think we'd actually be killing anyone. He looked around, only to see faces of agreement on both of his friends' faces. He didn't want to kill anyone, he couldn't kill anyone.

"Midoriya. Since your quirks are still somewhat uncontrollable, you will use your analytical skills mainly and use hand to hand combat with anyone who attacks you. If that isn't enough, you will use the percentage of your quirks that you can manage."

He nodded subconsciously. He couldn't disobey, could he?

Bakugou sat at the table, an untouched tray of lunch in front of him. He couldn't stop thinking about where Izuku could be. He had to be alive, he's a strong fighter, right? He couldn't just.. give up, just like that. He wanted to be a quirkless hero, he couldn't just throw it away like that, right?

He couldn't stop thinking about how this was his fault. He had degraded the greenette and basically crushed his dreams everyday. He had even used his quirk on him. He looked at his hands. Small, vague scars lay on his palms. It's all my fault, he thought.

'Just pray that you'll be born with a quirk in your next life, and take a swan dive off the roof of the building!'

He wished he could take those words back. They haunted him everyday, the image of Izuku flashing up in his mind everytime he thought of it. What if he'd actually.. done it?

Someone shook him. He looked up to see the red-head shaking his shoulder.

"Bakubro! Is something on your mind?" He asked, "You didn't respond to us for a few minutes and your food's going cold."

Bakugou looked to the side, avoiding the eyes that watched him, hoping for a genuine answer, "I'm fine, Kirishima."

He didn't have the energy to use the nicknames he had come up with for them.

All that thinking about Midoriya made him lose his appetite, "I'm not hungry." He said as he grabbed his tray and left the room.

He couldn't just tell him where exactly he was going. What would they think of him escaping to the roof? They would think the worst, they were his friends, after all. He walked up the stairs to the rooftop. It was always empty and quiet up there, and he could think properly.

Although, sometimes when he was up there, it would feel suffocating. Sometimes, he would just see Izuku on the edge, falling. Out of reach. Katsuki would always feel.. helpless during those. But, still, he didn't tell anyone.

The bell rang.

He walked back down the stairs, his thoughts in shambles. He thought about who his homeroom teacher was. Shota Aizawa was an interesting Pro Hero at most. He took his job seriously, but still found time to be sarcastic and smile sometimes too.

He wondered if Aizawa could help him and Inko with Izuku's case. Obviously, the police had shut it down after three restless months of searching, but it didn't feel... right. They had just assumed he was dead. He knew Izuku wasn't dead though, so the closed case felt frustrating.

He reached the classroom, seeing the familiar yellow sleeping bag rolled up under the desk. He went to his desk, waiting for class to start.

"Mr Aizawa, can I talk to you for a minute?"

Bakugou waited in front of the teacher's desk eagerly. Aizawa, however, was surprised. The hot-headed male had never sounded so polite, nor had he ever asked for what seemed like help.

"What can I do for you, problem child?" Aizawa asked as he stood up.

The blonde pulled his phone out, "Well, I was wondering if you could help me and my auntie with this case." He showed Aizawa a picture of Izuku's case, "The police shut it down months ago because they thought he was.. dead. But, I know he isn't!" He paused to calm down, "Since your a pro hero, I thought you could.. help.."

He put his hand on Katsuki's shoulder, "I'll see what I can do, problem child."