Chapter 9

Bakugou walked out into the stadium. Many people had come from all over the country to watch the Sports Festival. But, he wasn't focusing on that.

The past week, 'Deku' had been bothering him. He kept thinking and thinking and thinking about their conversation. About the sudden change in attitude. About the fear and overall sad and pleading look in his eyes.

He wanted to save him.

To help him.

But, he didn't know how.

"I'm getting nervous! Aren't you, Bakugou?" The red head beside him asked, as his face seemed to be filled with determination.

Like Midoriya.

Bakugou showed his signature smirk, "No, I'm just getting into it."

They walked towards the middle section as other classes began to walk into the stadium. Midnight stood there, brandishing a whip as she waited patiently for other classes to catch up.

Bakugou, however, was thinking about something else. He was starting to make connections. Midoriya seemed to be 'manipulated' or 'controlled' at the U.S.J. A witness said that the greenette seemed to have been 'lured' into the alleyway. He had disappeared from sight. Midoriya had said 'All For One had saved him'.

It all made sense.

Izuku must've been lured into the alleyway by All For One. Over the months he was missing, All For One must've manipulated him by telling him he 'saved' him. Then, at the U.S.J, All For One must've gotten into his head.

"Quiet everyone!" Midnight began, gaining Bakugou's attention once again, "Representing the students is Katsuki Bakugou from Class 1-A!"

Katsuki walked through the crowd, feeling the glares on him. He could hear his classmates' whispers and murmurs of worry and concern. After all, he was known for his terrible attitude.

He walked up the steps, as he saw how many people were here. Here to watch them fight. Here to watch him fight.

He slowly walked to the microphone. There was so much he wanted to say. So much he wanted to tell them. Him.

He knew Midoriya must be watching this. He knew Izuku would watch this. He put his hands in his pockets, avoiding eye contact with the crowd.

He took a deep breath, smirking again, "I just wanna say.. I'm gonna win."

"I KNEW HE'D SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT!"

Tomura watched the tournament in awe. That blonde kid with the explosive quirk was going all out on every challenge. He knew Izuku would love to watch this, seeing as he still loved watching some of the heroes on the news.

But, he also had another idea. An idea he was sure All For One would love. If they kidnapped the explosive blonde, it would leave U.A with a bad reputation. Especially if they took too long to save him.

Yes, father will like this. I do have to repay him for saving me after all.

He finally called for his unrelated little brother, "Deku!" He shouted, hearing the sudden footsteps coming closer.

He looked towards the door, seeing the faint silhouette of a short high-schooler. His hair was messy, as if he'd just woken up. But, he also seemed to be stressed. Maybe watching the heroes in training will help, he thought.

"What did you want, Tomu?" Izuku asked, eyes interested in the floor as he fidgeted with his hands.

He motioned for him to come closer, "They're broadcasting the U.A Sports Festival. There's an interesting participant on right now. He's a blondie, and he's got quite the attitude!" Tomura chuckled.

Izuku looked at the screen closer, the description somewhat familiar. Shigaraki was right. On the screen, there was a blonde with an explosion quirk fighting against a brunette.

Wait, he knew that person.

He'd recognize them anywhere.

Kacchan?

Izuku stared at the ceiling, as he thought about everything. Bakugou seemed to have.. changed. He seemed nicer with his friends, but his attitude was the same. He also seemed to have an unforeseen determination no one could match.

There was something else though. He seemed to be more determined to win fights, even if they were just matches in a tournament.

But, he couldn't have changed. Right?

I mean, he might just be acting nice in front of the camera. He couldn't have actually changed because of me. He couldn't have actually changed just because I 'disappeared'. He couldn't have actually changed just because I went 'missing'. He couldn't have actually changed, right? It's all just an act, right? Right?

He turned on his side, as sleep slowly consumed him. But, the thought remained. Did Bakugou actually changed.. all because Izuku Midoriya disappeared all those months ago? Or was it just an act?