Chapter 20

Taehyung hummed softly as he drove through the city. He was on his way to pick up his daughter when he got a call from his mother saying they had already picked her up. It was pretty confusing for him, but he thought maybe they just missed her and wanted to spend some time with her.

So he decided at that time to go to his office and get a few things done.

He was about to take a turn when his phone rang showing his mother's number on the caller ID. "Hello Eomma I will be there in 5 minutes." He said without letting her speak.

"But we are not home." His mother said as he heard his father's and Taerin's distant voice.

"What do you mean not home?" He stopped the car at the side, listening to her carefully.

"Taerin was hungry so we decided to eat outside. Before you start Yes they serve Korean food as well." His mom knows him well.

He knows Taerin can be stubborn at times. But she needs to eat healthy food so he makes sure she eats something healthy with the little junk food she insists on having. So eating veggies is a must for her.

"Alright give me the address." He said, listening to his mom. "Okay, I'm close. I'll be there in some."

He started the car again, driving toward the restaurant. It's a popular one.

When he entered, as he already the restaurant was classy, elegant, and of course Expensive.

The room where his parents were eating was a private room, good for Taerin.

When slowly walked toward the room, trying his best to see if he could hear his daughter's voice, but no luck. Eventually, he got to the room without knocking he opened the door and slid inside only to freeze right on the spot.

Instead of finding his daughter with his parent, he was greeted by his husband standing beside the table wearing a well-fitted suit. The room was beautifully decorated, and the table looked almost like some honeymoon dinner table.

He looked up at the man questioningly only to Jungkook raising his hand towards the table, a polite gesture for him to take a sit.

"What is happening? Why are You here?!" Taehyung asked as he walked near the man.

"Well, it's supposed to be our Date. Who were you expecting instead of me?" A genuine question left his lips as he watched his now-angry husband in confusion.

"What do you mean our date?! And where is Taerin?" Now Taehyung was getting concerned. He didn't pick her up and Now Jungkook is here where his parents and Daughter are supposed to be.

His thoughts were interrupted when his phone started to ring, it was his mom. He hurriedly picked up the phone, "Mom where are you? Is Taerin okay? I think you gave me the wrong address. Can you give the phone to Taerin?" He asked everything in question looking at Jungkook suspiciously.

Jungkook just stood there confused, feeling slightly awkward with Taehyung's lack of acknowledgment of his presence.

"Calm down will you --- Taerin! It's the last one." He heard Taerin's excited 'okie!' right after. "Taerin is right here eating 5th toffee. You don't need to worry she is fine. And not the wrong address if Jungkook is right in front of you. Where am I? At home. We ate just order instead. And you don't need to come back me and you dad are going to visit you in the evening so we will bring her back." He heard his mom say, he sighed in relief knowing that everything was fine but

"Why am I here then?" He asked.

"Because it's your date. Enjoy!" Taehyung groaned at her enthusiasm watching Jungkook standing there with a phone in his hand. "And don't you dare run away Kim Taehyung? I will not let you see Taerin for 2 days as a punishment." His mom softly said as if it wasn't a threat.

He let out a breath exhausted by too much thinking. "Okay fine whatever." He dismisses her before keeping the call.

He can't deny her, he knows that his parents can be cruel to him only to make him agree with their condition. And it's not even about seeing his daughter, his mom will feed her something along 'Your Angel is sad 'cause Appa didn't eat dinner with him.' And those words will have worse consequences for Taehyung.

"Let's start our date them." Taehyung let out with fake excitement almost mockingly. He saw Jungkook nod before pulling one of the chairs out for Taehyung.

Taehyung grumbled before taking the seat. He watched as Jungkook also sat but not doing anything. "Are we not going to order?" He asked feeling aggravated.

"The orders are already placed." Jungkook let him know but forgot to add that their moms were the ones doing everything.

But at the sentence, Taehyung felt getting more mad at the situation, "Wow now I can't even order food for myself." There was no response from others. "Hello! Are you even listening!?" Taehyung almost yelled but restrained from doing so.

"I tried but they told me. They can't cancel the initial order but can add our new orders. But I think the portion is quite big for us to finish the before food to eat more again."

"Why did you even order for both of us?!" Taehyung screamed, watching Jungkook's concerned face turning blank.

"Do you really think I'm dying to be on a date with you?" Jungkook asks firm, finally snapping. Taehyung felt his cheeks redden at the sentence. "This is all planned by our mothers." A long silence followed before there was a knock on the door.

The waitress served them, and Taehyung noticed all the served food was his favorite. He felt more embarrassed when the waitress let him know how his mother asked them to make the dish a specific way. 'Only if I waited a few more minutes.' He mentally slapped himself watching Jungkook thanking the lady with a smile.

They slowly started eating with Taehyung throwing glances at Jungkook in between, the other was not even looking at his plate.

Taehyung squinted his eyes, stuffing his mouth full of food and chewing it with a pout as he watched Jungkook's stupidly handsome face.

He almost choked when Jungkook suddenly looked up. He harshly patted his chest while coughing loudly. From the corner of his eyes, he saw a glass of water and tissue sliding forward.

Without thinking he gulped down the substance in one go, Feeling better almost immediately. He looked at the tissue in question before looking up at his Husband. He almost laughed when a panic Jungkook changed his worried expression to blank.

Instead of answering he wiped his own mouth, silently giving him the message. Taehyung quickly cleaned his face, maybe smearing it more than before cause there was a pretty chuckle from his husband.

Taehyung glared at the tissue before taking more to clean.

'Maybe I'm not dying to go on a date with you. But I wouldn't mind to be on one more.' Jungkook thought as he watched Taehyung glaring at the food plate with every bite. He is a messy eater. A cute messy eater.

________________________________

An update!
I just realized I used the word 'watched' a lot.

It's confusing for me, cause I don't know how I want their relationship to be. Maybe more playful? Or just more angsty?