Psalms 23.

Whip it - Devo

-------
This one is much shorter. I mostly do revising on bus unless I have additional motivation.
-------
-

-

-

-

-

-

-

On the way back, Travis had spoke about the ministry and some of his favorite lines or verses from the Bible. One being romans 8:28, another psalm 23 and so on, it was hard to keep up.

Sal was baffled he read the whole book and shared the only things he knew from the Bible as he wasn't really a church go-er. Spoiler alert, it wasnt much, just that eve ate the apple. Sal also spoke about a movie called beetle juice, which Travis wasn't familiar with and some show called South Park.

He was happy listening to the blue haired boy rant about the things he did and did not like about the Movies/series as they approached his house. Sal had felt the same about listening to the latter talk about the Bible casually.

There were only streaks of orange in the lower parts of the sky as a darker blue filled it. The street lights were on, cascading down the street.

Travis pauses and turns to Sal, "this is my stop." He smiled widely, "Thank you, sallyface."

Sal smiles, going in for a hug, "it's nothing, Trav. You take care, alright?" The shorter one was engulfed by the blond, feeling safe in his arms. Travis had hugged back, arms tightly around Sal until pulling away at the same time.

"Yeah y-" he starts but is cut off by a shout.

"Hello!" It's Kenneth, Travis' father. He was white and had long blond hair. He was standing behind the porch railing of a two story house and began to make his way out onto the street. Travis hopes he doesn't say anything rude, letting a sigh slip out.

There was a flash of something unidentifiable in his eyes as his Gaze fell upon the blue haired one who stood awkwardly, tucking his painted nails into his pockets.

"Hello, sir" he says, looking at the blonds father in curiosity.

"Hello" he greeted, tone formal and flat. "Is this the child who is helping you bring your math grades up?" He questioned, turning to Travis who nods.

"Nice to meet you, Sal." He said through grit teeth. He reaches his hand out and Sal sliped his hand out of his pocket to shake it. Kenneth had saw the painted nails, not saying anything about it

"Nice to meet you too."

"You should come over to the ministry one day and let the lord enter your heart" Kenneth smiled with teeth, speaking as if Sal was a sinful human that plagued the planet. He kept his eyes on him, looking at him with distaste.

"I'd let the lord enter my heart any day as long as he approaches me first" exclaims Sal and he chuckles.

"Such a funny friend, Travis. What took you so long to get home?" He turns back to his child who visibly swallows, Adam's apple bobbing. Sal takes notice.

Sal picked up a fast lie, "I walked him home, sir. We were stopped by a few other students at school who tried to give out club pamphlets about Dungeons and Dragons" he explains and continues, "we turned those away because thats a demon game!" Travis wanted to laugh at the lie, but he didn't.

Kenneth grins, "such nice manners, Sal, I assmume. Good for you and my son to turn away such evil things. We should invite you to dinner for taking off your afternoon schedule to help Travis."

"Not today" he awkward chuckled, "I have plans."

Sal realizes he is going to be late anyways, "Which is why I should be going! Thank you for the kind offer. I'm going to go, thank you Trav!"

Travis had nodded, a smile lingering when looking at the blue haired boy.

"Sal, Is that a nickname or do you have a whole name?"

"Uh, it's super late" Sal ignored the question and had started walking backwards to not seem rude for just walking away.

"Goodbye, Sal" Kenneth had said his goodbyes, waving solemnly.

Sal waved back, starting to walk down the street. Travis says in a low tone that was so inaudible the man hadnt heard, "bye, Sal."

-

-

-

In the gloomy Addison apartments, Sal walks down the hallway of peeling yellow wallpaper and inters the basement apartment where Larry, Lisa and his dad were waiting at the dining table.

They were already eating when he arrived. Henry called Sal over with a gesture of his hand, beady eyes looking him up and down with Lisa smiling sweetly at him.

Larry's eyes had been drooped, as if he were tired and they had a red tint. He seemed to be in another world before Sal sat down while unbuckling his prosthetic.

"How was the hangout with Travis?" Larry asked, picking up his fork to eat his dinner.

"Pretty okay, we spoke about Harry Potter and the Bible" Sal explains, leaving out the part of openly talking about his home life.

"Rad" Larry drags out, forking his dinner into his mouth to silence him.

"Who's Travis?" Henry inquired, curiosity rising, his blue eyebrows raising and wrinkling his forehead further than they already were.

"He's the preachers son, honey" Lisa explains, her hand holding Henry's ontop of the table as they ate.

Something clicks in Henry's mind, "Ah, I see. Always good to have a holy one in the group." Larry makes a sound of disapproval, having a bet going and all.